Chapter 8

Taylor POV

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP

BE-

What is that sound? I feel so tired... No. I need to know where I am. First things first. Try to move.

I try to move my left hand but something's holding it. I try to move my right one but something else was holding that one.

"Taylor? Love?"

"I'll go get the doctor."

I hear the door 'click' and I try to open my eyes. I'm immediately blinded my the bright lights. I shut my eyes again and some hissing went on above me. Soon enough, I heard someone speak again.

"The lights off now. You can open your eyes darling." The soft voice called. Both of my hands were squeezed and I peeked one eye open.

A pairs of green and brown eyes stared down at me.

"Huh?" I mumble and try to sit up. The two push me down again and hold me done for a second.

"Please lay down. We don't want you to hurt yourself anymore." Green eyes said.

I blink a few times before I remember that green eyes is Chance and browns eyes is Chase.

"W-what happened?" I mumble, rubbing my eyes.

"You don't remember?" Chase asks.

I shake my head.

"Well after you ran to the bathroom, we came after you to make sure you were okay. You were throwing up. A lot. After we got you to open the door, you lasted a few seconds before you passed out." He explained.

The memories slowly returned and I cringed at myself. I haven't passed out from hunger for a while. I'm kinda impressed that I made it this long.

"Taylor" Chance said in the softest tone. I look a him fully and I see that he has a sad expression on his face. I look at Chase and he is wearing the same expression.

"Your covered in bruises, scars, and scratches from head to toe. Some of the scratches are deep and needed cleaning. My question is, where did you get all of these nasty things?" His voice cracked and both of them looked as if they could start crying at any second.

"I-"

Corey and the doctor walked in right as I was about to give a lie.

The doctor was a lean lady. Straight black hair that reached just above mid back. A set of dark brown eyes and pale skin.

"Hello Taylor" she smiled at me. "I'm Dr. Lakehorn but you can call me Lisa. I'll be your doctor and I'll get you fixed up as soon as possible."

She spoke as she was going over to the medical equipment hanging on the wall. She grabbed a weird object that ashed lights and went up to me. I stared cautiously and she told me to relax.

She poked the strange object in both my ears and grabbed a weird hanging thing off of her neck. She was about to lift up my shirt but I slapped her hands and pulled my shirt down farther. The triplets watched me in confusion and worry and the doctor just smiled and talked to me.

"Taylor, I need to lift you shirt to go on with the check-up. Can you please lift your shirt?"

I shake my head no.

If I lift my shirt, all of my skin will be on display. All of my scarred, broken, horrifying skin. If they see, they won't want to be around me anymore. They are the only friends I've had in a while.

"Please darling?" Chance asked and i shook my head at him.

"Lisa, please give us a minute with him."

No. No. No. No. No no no no no no no. They are going to punish me. I disobeyed. I didn't listen. I resisted. Now I'm being punished for my actions.

My breathing starts to pick him and beeping sound quickens.

"Taylor! You need to calm down love. Okay?" I tried to make sense of the words but I couldn't. They all sounded like a mumble. My vision started to blur and soon a bunch of hands were on me.

Sparks flew on my skin but I was to out of it to care.

I relaxed a small amount by the touch of the hands but not enough. My breathing was labored and my vision of blurred.

Tears poured out of my eyes and gasps for air came out of my mouth. Panic flooded my mind and it's all I could think.

Punishment.

Punishment.

Punishment.

Punishment.

Punishment.

I could feel myself move but I couldn't focus enough to see where. Hands were strawn on different parts of my body.

A pair was on my face, wiping away my never-ending tears. A pair was in my hair, tugging and pulling at the straight, dirty strands. Another pair was rubbing up and down my back, trying to soothe my breathing.

I could feel lips trace my skin and they made me shiver.

They did that. Trying to make me calm before they did things.

That made me cry more but made my body relax more. Why? It's like everytime the triplets touch me, my body relaxes and my mind does to, but not all the way. 

My breathing slows down and I gather most of my thoughts.

I blink a few times to regain my vision and I see Chase sitting criss-cross in front of me. Chance was sitting to the left of me, and I was sitting on top of someone who I guess is Corey.

I was leaning against Corey's chest with my head burried in the crook of his neck. He had his hands tangled in my hair. Tugging and pulling a few times and twirling the strands around his fingers.

Chance had a hand on my back making circular motions and a hand on my thigh. Also rubbing patterns. Chase had both of his hands resting on my cheeks, still wiping away the few tears that trickled down my face.

"I-I'm S-sorry." I whispered, ashamed.

"No. Don't be sorry." Chase started, wiping my eyes again.

"You felt uncomfortable. We shouldn't have pushed you past what you were okay with." Chance added, massaging my shoulders.

"We are the sorry ones. You did nothing wrong. Please forgive us Taylor. We didn't mean to upset you." Corey finished, pushing a piece of hair out of my face.

"B-but you did n-nothing wrong. I just overreacted again. So, I'm s-sorry that I caused you trouble and that I'm a burden."

A growling noise came out of the three of them and that made me wince.

"Shoot! We're sorry love! We didn't mean to scare you!"

"Just never, ever, say that you are a burden. You will never be a burden to us darling."

"Do you understand? Why don't you try to get some sleep for now. Okay sunflower? We'll talk this through when your well rested."

I nodded and stiffled a yawn.

Corey layed me down on the side that Chance wasn't sitting on and my eyes drooped a little.

When Corey made a move to standup, I grabbed his wrist and whispered a quiet, "please stay" before letting my eyes shut.

I felt a bodies lay down next to me and the bed creaked. A voice spoke next to my ear, "we were never going to leave."

Seconds later, I was out.