Chapter 32

Lucas had been absent from the work for nearly three days until now, yet Andrew didn't urge him to return to the office as soon as possible. From the tone of his friend, he knew that he was probably mulling about something. At time like this, Lucas liked to be alone.

Savannah also somehow seemed to act a bit strange the day Lucas called for some days off. It was as if her mind was somewhere else. She lost a bit focus to her work, though it didn't really affect her overall performance. Savannah would be in daze at time she was called by someone, then after sometime, she would finally snapped out of it. It happened a few times.

Andrew noticed the probability of the two people's actions somewhow related to each other. But, he didn't really want to probe on both of their privacies.

That was until today, Savannah came knocking on his door, asking for full a week off. Her face was emotionless, though sometimes anxiety could be perceived from her clear eyes. It was a bit puffy, and there were a dark circle that was covered with make up.

Andrew was a bit bewildered. He was beginning to have a bit of headache this time. Why the hell did those people suddenly wanted to throw those works into his table? They didn't deliberately doing it to prank him, didn't they?

Despite that, yet all Andrew could do was just rubbing his temples. He looked at Savannah and sighed in his heart, though he didn't show his grievance in his expression. Savannah's face showed that something urgent must've happened.

"Alright, you can take a full week off. But, make sure to come back in time. I'll inform him later," Andrew said. He didn't really mentioned Lucas' name.

"Thank you." Savannah excused herself.

Andrew took a sip of the coffe on the table. Savannah wasn't the only one who had dark circles under their eyes. Lucas' behavior of dumping the work into his table really made him overflowing with work.

Thankfully, a day later Lucas contacted him about the day's schedule, making him let out a huge breath of relief. Surely Lucas would comeback to the work today.

Once Andrew sensed the atmosphere outside his room changing, he knew that he was right.

Lucas walked in with a dark and cold expression into the office. Clearly, he was in a state where he would went beserk the moment anyone made the slightest mistake to provoke him. The employees inside naturally avoid looking at him, trying not to make any action that wouldn't result in getting noticed, or worse, getting fired.

It was fortunate enough for those employees that Lucas didn't linger around for too long. He just walked on with steady steps heading towards his own room.

Subsconsiously, his gaze was drawn towards a place where the certain someone should've been there, yet he didn't see any of her traces today. He frowned slightly, a bit disturbed about some speculations that rose within his brain.

Is she purposely avoiding him now? He knew their relationship could only be described as the word awkward at the moment.

Sighing, Lucas chose not to think about it too deeply anymore. Maybe, it was just him overthinking.

Lucas went to his own room and sat on the chair. He closed his eyes for a moment to clear his mind. Otherwise, he wouldn't be able to finish any work today if his mind still wasn't focused.

Yet, before Lucas could open his eyes, the ringing from his phone attracted his attention. He frowned for a while, rummaging through his pocked to take his phone out.

A long message was displayed through the phone screen, making Lucas felt a bit of astonishment. A strange expression rose to his face, though at the moment he couldn't feel how should he describe his emotion at the moment.

In the end, he could only gape at his phone before he finally able to gather his thoughts. He let out a huge breath and chose to turn off the phone. His mind was clearer than before and his eyes became a bit brighter, though they still seemed a bit clouded. There was also a hint of uncertainty.

Lucas had told everything that had happened between him and Savannah to Charlie last night. The man listened to his words without interrupting any of it. In the end, the old man only sighed softly.

"Is there still any hesitation in your heart?"

Charlie's words stunned him. He didn't deny it.

"Why don't you solve that source of uncertainty first? Only then that you'll be able to decide things more peacefully along with a calm heart." Charlie's words had made him decided on something.

Indeed, there was still a lot of uncertainty in his heart. Regarding Savannah, and also another woman which he had tried to find in the past; though he did not succeeded.

The message just now had just given him a little bit of clue about her. He really wanted to find her; to see whether or not he will have a change of heart after he saw the real her in person.

The memories about that woman had become rather blurry in his head, but they still stayed until now. He also badly wanted to confirm if she was really exist or just a sliver of his dream amidst the loneliness of his childhood.

Was he supposed to have such great attachment to the girl he had just meet for a few years in his childhood? Lucas couldn't really find the answer why. Until now, he didn't even able to forget about her.

Maybe, that was also because she was her true friend, the first true friend he made at that time. And then, the impression about her stayed until now.

He just wanted to meet her once more. As for what he wanted to do after that, he wasn't so sure. Though, he had a feeling that it would solve the complex emotions he was experiencing right now.