14 | Distracted

Obi-Wan bowed respectfully to the remaining Jedi Masters in the council room that morning

Obi-Wan bowed respectfully to the remaining Jedi Masters in the council room that morning. They had concluded a excruciatingly long meeting about the recent advances of Separatist attacks along trade routes. He had stayed behind a few minutes more along with Master Yoda and Master Windu to discuss some new potential strategies. The doors slid open and he emerged into the brightly lit temple hallway. Being on the second floor, he looked out across open space and spotted Dakota conversing with Master Aayla Sercura on the opposite walkway.

She stood with her arms crossed and her eyes concentrated on the fellow Master that she was speaking with. Her black hair was wrapped in a low bun with strands hanging down by her ears. The black tunic she wore was slightly different, with the changing of the warm to the cool season, her attire was long-sleeved with a black robe hanging from her shoulders. In her conversation, she looked away from Master Sercura as she spoke. Her emerald eyes landed on her friend momentarily. He nodded.

Not too long later, she ended the conversation with a bow and walked across the pathway to him "You've been pretty sedentary at the temple these past few weeks, usually you're halfway across the galaxy" he pointed out as they strolled down the hallway together with no exact destination.

"You won't find me complaining" she turned a corner, giving a slight shrug of her shoulders "The war has been endless. At this point, I don't mind that Anakin is having more fun than I am with the 501st"

"Actually, Anakin flew in just last night from the outer rim"

"... And he didn't even say hello to me" Dakota shook her head in sarcastic disappointment "I thought you had taught him better. I-" she paused, a sudden thought popping into her mind. It changed her whole tone. She stole a quick glance around to see if anyone was near to listen in.

"What is it?" Obi-Wan noticed her shift in behavior.

She placed her thumb nail to her bottom lip, her black robe hanging loosely from her wrist "How soon?" she asked quietly "How soon do you think... that prophecy, the whole 'chosen one' thing" Obi-Wan took a deep breath, having had these same thoughts as well "This question was keeping me from meditating yesterday, honestly, it always keeps me distracted" she admitted.

"I'm not sure" he finally replied. They stepped out onto the balcony that overlooked the endless city of Coruscant. The horizon was dotted with shining buildings in the distance "I wish I had some sort of answer, but it's all clouded. It could be possible that I just haven't done something right, that I must not have trained him to the best of my ability" he crossed his arms, rubbing his chin as he contemplated to himself.

"Obi-Wan" She nudged his elbow with the back of her hand, her eyes on him "There's not all that much that you can get wrong"