Training Fail (Nico x ftm!reader)

Percy Jackson
Summer was coming to an end, but I wasn't sure wether I wanted to stay at camp through out the school year or not. There were pros and cons of both but it was still a stressful decision. I had to think and I knew the best way to think. I grabbed my armor and sword. Surprisingly, a lot of the campers were training. Maybe they had the same idea as I did.
It wasn't long before I was covered in sweat, swinging my sword at the dummy. "Shouldn't you be packing?" A voice asked. I slightly turned. I didn't want to be bothered, I wanted to be left alone to think. When I saw who it was, I wasn't as frustrated anymore though. "Hello to you too, Nico." I went back to swinging and poking at the dummy. Nico came a sat a good distance away. "Are you staying over the school year?" He asks. I shrug, trying to catch my breath, but refusing to stop training. My binder, which was wrapped tightly around my chest, kept me from breathing very well. "I don't know yet. I'm trying to think." I reply. Nico stands up and pulls out his sword. "I'm going to train over there." He states. I nodded in acknowledgement.
For a few minutes an Athena girl and me went back and forth swinging at each other. My lungs burned and my binder felt like it was growing tighter and tighter. I was suddenly very tired. Maybe from lack of oxygen or from the training I've already done. I gasped in surprised as she swung her blade and it split my binder on the side and cut a bit of my side.
It burned soon after and I hissed. The Athena girl dropped her sword and everyone started watching. "Y/n, are you okay?! I didn't mean to...." She trailed off. My breast showed from the side and I quickly covered it. I heard a chuckle and looked up. An Ares boy was staring at me. His glare was horrifying and his smirk made me shiver. "Who knew coming to train today would be such a good idea. How about you show us a little bit more, babe" He walked closer. I growled and backed up. "Don't call me 'babe'." He kept walking closer and before I knew it, I was pushed back, but not enough to make me fall, and the Ares kid was on the ground with a bleeding lip. Nico stood in front of me. "Leave him alone, you pervert!" He yells. He quickly turns to me and walks me to his newly made cabin. He has me sit on his bed. "Stay here and lock the door after me. I'll be right back. I'm going to get another binder from Chiron. What size do you wear?" He asks. I tell him the size and he quickly runs out to get it. I lock the door, afraid that the Ares kid might come to find me. It doesn't take long for Nico to come back. He hands me the binder and turns to leave. "I'll stay out here until your done changing." A surge of panic hits me. "Please don't." I suggest. He looks at me, shocked. "I don't want to be in here alone." I state. Nico nods, understanding. "Okay. I'll stand here then. Tell me when you are done changing and I'll turn around."
I start by gently taking off my shirt and then my shredded binder. The wound is so small that it's already mostly healed. I put on the new binder, which I noticed was a size larger, so it was more comfortable than the other. Suddenly I notice that my shirt is also torn and I dont have a replacement. "Um. Nico?" I start. He turns around, thinking I'm done and is surprised. He doesn't look away, but he doesn't say anything either. "Can I borrow a shirt? Mine's kind of...." I look at the pile of cloth. "Trash." He finishes.
He walks over to his dresser and pulls out a black shirt with a skull on it. "It might be a little big, but I have hairties to tye it up if you need it." I take it and slip it on. It is a little big so I take Nico up on his offer.
He sits next to me on his bed. "Thank you." He looks at me. "Don't thank me. That kid needed to be taught a lesson." He growled, hatred shining in his eyes. "No one but me gets to see that." He hisses, but stops the moment he realizes what he said. A large blush spreads across both our faces. "I mean.... Uh..."
"Want to go out?" He asks quickly. I smile at him and nod a little. "I'd like to."