The Crown Prince

Still frozen on her spot, after hearing such a bomb explode right in front of her, Adira felt her world spin as information she had forgotten rushed back to her after learning Casey's full name.

Casimir Athanasius Rozen Versaillus, first prince of the Versaillus Empire, heir to the throne. The crown prince that died on his seventeenth year due to an assassination which paved the way for the Dalriada heir to take his place as the crown prince after the second prince died, also of assassination.

A distant blood relative of the royals but a legit blue-blooded heir, nonetheless.

Rumors circulated after the incident about how the assassinations of the princes were orchestrated by the Dalriada household to usurp the throne.

Adira, who loved Triton as madly as a loyal dog, was enraged with the said rumor which catalyzed her tyranny. She shut the one who dared speak of such rumors the easy and the hard way.

It was the catalyst to her ruined reputation which earned her the name of the Ash Demoness—a monster spawn from the king of the devils that crawled up to make their lives miserable—which eventually became the Mad Queen.

She didn't mind what names they called her as. What was important to her was Triton's reputation. All that mattered to her was to clear Triton's name of the malicious rumors they spread. No matter if hers was dragged to the mud and stepped on.

She felt lightheaded and swayed back before feeling strong and reassuring arms snake around her waist, keeping her stable.

However, what was more dangerous than falling was how this absolutely, divinely, immaculate attractive face was suddenly too close to her that she unconsciously placed a hand on his chest— a poor attempt at keeping him at bay.

"Are you okay? I'm sorry for surprising you like this."

Ah, just like how we met. He's apologizing again after helping me out of my own mistake.

"I'm... I'm fine... Your highness." She whispered and turned away.

She couldn't believe that Casey was one of the few people who was above her in status. And yet! She dared act slovenly in front of him!

How shameful, Adira!

Upon remembering her unlady-like gestures, a blush crept up to her face, dusting her cheeks prettily that it made her more exquisitely alluring and perfect. Stirring a man's desire unnecessarily.

"Maybe that's the reason why I hesitated to tell you." Casimir whispered before gently taking Adira's hand while still keeping his eyes on her visage that secretly visited his dreams at night.

Hearing his cool voice so close to her ears, she shivered slightly and slowly turned to look at him after listening to his words.

Hesitated?

Seeing the confusion on her face, he continued, "I didn't want you to feel distant with me. I wanted you to see Casimir and not the Prince. I love how you call me Casey and how only you call me that."

Guiding and leading her into the dance when the melody started, a small pleading smile graced his apathetic gorgeous face while continuing, "So please, don't start calling me 'Your Highness' now. Just call me Casey like you always do."

"But your highness, that is inappropriate." She stubbornly rejected him while allowing herself to fall willingly into his pace. Swaying and turning with his every move.

"Well, you've always been headstrong."

Casimir fell silent after he spoke and focused more on their dance. Relishing this beautiful and romantic moment where nothing else mattered but the lady in his arms, following him at every turn, every step and every pause.