Thirty One

Namjoon, his soulmate and Jimin froze in their spots, as if thick roots wrapped around their ankles and rooted them to the floor. Ever so slowly, they turned their head towards the youngest, eyes wide with both fear and dread. He still appeared to be asleep, but was stirring by the loud voices of the three. Each one of their voices fell silent, so much so that you could hear a pin drop, and Jungkook's forced breathing.

Namjoon's soulmate noticed Jungkook blindly, but weakly reaching around him. She could barely hear his raspy mumbling, but assumed he was calling and searching for Ha-Na. Laying in an empty bed didn't feel right to him, he was so used to having his soulmate cuddled against his side. Running his fingers through her hair, holding hand while cuddling, pecking her forehead before going to bed and immediately after waking up, it was routine. His own body heat wasn't enough to console his heart, he needed Ha-Na's.

But she wasn't there.

Namjoon gulped down the lump in his throat as he watched Jungkook stir more. It certainly was not pretty when Jungkook went on a rampage. That was just when he changed to Tokki. The man couldn't begin to imagine what would happen if he found out that Ha-Na went against the man on her own. She had only had a week of training- she was strong, that much was true. However, a single girl against his army was... suicide.

Jungkook had made it crystal clear that he did not want Ha-Na to fight this war- her soul was too fragile. It was his job, Tokki's job to fight for her and protect her, but Jungkook's duty was to love her and complete her. To always remain by her side and be there for the rest of her life. He didn't want a fate similar to Tokki's to fall upon her shoulders; but little did he know.

The man painfully peeled his eyes open, blinded by the sunlight pouring into the room. He immediately felt an aching pain in his left side, despite Jin giving him a dose of morphine not too long ago. He was confused as to where he was, the room he was in did not look like his own. His memories of what happened days earlier was blurry, he winced painfully while trying to remember.

One single name took over his already jumbled mind- Ha-Na.

Jimin read the panic on the man's face faster than the younger could act. He sprinted towards him, and immediately pinned him back down onto the bed as he thrashed around.

"WHERE IS SHE?! HA-NA!!" he roared against his strained throat, heart beating against his windpipe.

The older man grit his teeth as he quickly slid his shin over Jungkook's chest, pinning his torso down. Namjoon's soulmate watched in shock as she witnessed his eyes bleed to a cruel shadow black. A chill shot up her spine as they reflected Ha-Na's eyes while they were in the safe room.
"I need some fucking help!" Jimin snapped, struggling to keep him at bay. "His stitches will open if we don't calm him down!"
Namjoon threw himself out into the hall, screaming for both Yoongi and Hoseok, as well as Jin who needed to administer a sedative. They would be the only ones strong enough to pin the youngest down while the eldest put Jungkook asleep.

The moment the three ran into the room, the other girls, as well as Taehyung appeared in the hallway. Namjoon clenched his jaw before turning to the girls.
"Seo-Young!" he ordered in a firm voice. "Go! We can only keep him under for so long without jeopardizing his health, so you need to find her and bring her back as soon as possible."
An ear-piercing scream ripped through the air of the room, and everyone winced as Jungkook was the source.
"Take anything you need from storage, but also grab protective gear for Ha-Na."
While the five other women were confused, Namjoon's soulmate nodded. She turned to her sisters.

"I'll explain on the way," she huffed. "But right now, Ha-Na can't fight this alone."