Two

"Are you sure you want to resign this quickly? I mean, you just got promoted yesterday and you barely got to experience what it's like to be in your higher rank. Plus, your salary will increase thirteen percent higher from your normal salary before. And you know, we could really use someone like you in the company. It'd be such a waste to let go of a hardworking employee like you." My boss said for the third time today.

I'm currently in his office while the release papers that I need to sign are in front of me. When I entered his office a while ago, I just dropped the bombshell that I'll be resigning.

His reaction when I said that was undescribable to say the least. It was a mixture of different emotions showing in his face all at once. And now, he's trying to persuade me and saying the same things over and over again hoping to make me think about my decision twice. But I'm sure my decision has already been made.

"Yes sir, I'm sorry but my decision has been made. And it's final." I said sternly, hoping he'll finally stop talking the same things over and over again.

He let out a distressed sigh and pinched the bridge of his nose. After pinching the bridge of his nose a fair number of times, he went back to his usual position that you'll see him do every normal day. He intertwined his fingers and placed them on top of his desk and his back slouched against his black swivel chair.

"There's nothing I can do to change your mind now, can I? If you don't mind me asking, why are you resigning all of a sudden?" He asked with his brows furrowed, making it look intimidating but I tried my best to not let my stern composure waver.

"Personal issues, or relationship issues to be specific. I'm having a bit of trouble." I partly lied.

It's not just 'a bit of trouble' its a whole lot of trouble. A whole lot of trouble that it almost broke me into pieces yesterday.

"Really? Is it that serious that you need to resign?" He asked again and to be frank, it's getting quite annoying. Why does he have to ask questions like this? Why can't he just let me sign the papers in front of me? It'll save me some time to pack my things at home and to prepare for my flight.

"Yes, it's quite serious to say the least. And I'm terribly sorry if I just dropped my sudden announcement unexpectedly. Now, if you don't mind sir I'd like to sign the papers." I said while I eyed the papers that he's covering with his intertwined hands.

"Of course." He finally said and lifted his hands off and passed the papers to me and gave me a pen to sign with.

I gave a short smile and placed my signatures on the blank lines to officially state that I'll be going away from this company, and not to mention, from this city.

After signing the papers with my signatures I passed them to him and I saw that it pained him to see my signatures to indicated that I'm leaving his company.

"Well, it was nice working with you Ms. Swift." He said while looking at the papers to make sure I signed all of the blank spaces that needs to be signed. Before I could stand up from my seat, he handed me a white envelope which I'm guessing is my last paycheck and I took that as a cue to leave his office.

I stood up from the black leather seat and placed it back to its original place before I even came in here.

"It was a pleasure working with you Mr. Williams." I replied and I honestly couldn't thank god enough that this is over.

I went to the glass tinted door of his office and grabbed the handle and before I knew it, I was out of his office and I headed towards the elevator to grab my things from my personal office. And I inserted the white envelope inside the pocket of my coat.