Part 9

Getting home from work late in the afternoon, you impatiently kicked your shoes off and shuffled lazily towards the bathroom.

Without hesitation, you stripped down and headed straight for the shower, this time completely avoiding your reflection in the mirror.

I already know I look like crap, why do I need the validation...

Today was a particularly busy day at the cafe and you could swear you inherited the back of a 65 year old woman with the pain you were currently feeling.

You know you're getting older when your back goes out more times than you do... you thought, sighing heavily to yourself.

Twisting the faucet to your shower, you stepped inside, instantly feeling the warm water wash over the pain and the embarrassment from earlier this morning.

You don't know why of all the places, but you always found peace in the shower. In your most vulnerable state, it was your place of solitude and comfort; the warmth of the water enveloping you like a hug. It was also the place where all of your best ideas originated from. Where you will recount something that might have happened years ago and finally think of an adequate enough comeback to an argument that would have really worked well in your favor.

Ugh

As you looked back on your conversation with Mr Genius today, you couldn't help but cringe.

How could you be so stupid?

And you certainly didn't help the situation by being the fumbling mess that you are.

There were way too many faults to identify that you decided it was best to push it in the back of your mind for the time being.

Turning the taps to the shower off and reaching for your towel, you bolted out of the bathroom and quickly changed into something more comfortable.

You opened up your fridge, to see if anything had magically appeared inside since this morning, already knowing the answer but still secretly hoping and praying.

Of course there wasn't; it was empty as usual and you really ought to go to the shop some time instead of wasting your money and health on take-out each night.

Sighing in disappointment, you threw yourself onto your couch and switched on the TV before pulling out your phone to order some pizza.

Hmmm...

-

[New message received from 🔥 Genius 🔥 at 6:33pm]

-

Letting out a loud groan, you launched your phone across to the other end of the room, not wanting to be bothered by whatever smug comment he was sure to have made.

Not even a moment later you had already regretted your decision to hurl the device, the thought of that unordered pizza and the curiosity of the unread message proving too much to ignore.

Why does he have to get in the way of me ordering food...

Your stomach was grumbling so loudly, you were sure you'd starve to death any time soon if you didn't just suck it up.

Pulling yourself up with a groan, you trudged over to your expensive phone to pick it up.

You quickly examined your screen for any cracks or scratches before reluctantly opening up the message.

-

[18:33] 🔥 Genius 🔥 : Yoongi's girl was definitely better.