XXIII- Oscar's Old Pack

Indianna was sat at Greyson's desk with plans of the pack house they were going to attack laid out in front of her. She ran her hands across the paper and sighed. She couldn't believe they were going to do this.

"I'm sorry," she whispered and looked up at the ceiling. "I know this is the wrong thing to do, but I can't think of anything else. I don't want anyone getting hurt. Listening to Rogue seems like the only way that no one is harmed." Indianna groaned and ran her fingers through her hair. "It won't always be like this. I swear I'll think of something." Indianna swallowed. "I have to. I'm not bringing up our children with Rogue in the world."

"Indie." Kal knocked on the door and smiled sadly. "The pack is gathered. We're ready to go."

Indianna rubbed her eyes and nodded. "Okay," she whispered and stood up from the chair she was sitting on. "Let's get this done." She followed Kal out of the office and they made their way outside to where the majority of the pack were gathered. They were a rather young pack so most people were able to fight.

However a fight was the last thing Indianna wanted.

The pack looked up to her as she exited the house. She nervously played with her fingers and took a deep breath. "I'm sorry," she said softly, but her voice was clearly heard by the whole pack. "I'm sorry we have to do this, but the aim is to get through today with no blood spilt." There were numerous nods throughout the pack. "I promise this will get better. It won't always be like this. I swear it. I swear it on Greyson's memory and your future Alpha." Indianna rubbed her bump.

The pack all lowered their head, a sign of respect. Harry noticed Indianna uncomfortableness and clapped his hands. "Shift!" He ordered.

Everyone began to shift and Indianna looked at Ace as he lifted his shirt over his head. "Are you going to be okay?" She asked. He was still weak.

Ace nodded. "I am, but are you?" He wondered. "Kal told me that you've not shifted since Greyson."

Indianna had only ever been in wolf form with Greyson. She didn't want to shift without him. She had always felt safe with him. But now was the time to do it alone. She had to get used to being without him, as a human and as a wolf.

Indianna looked away from Ace and saw that the whole pack had shifted. "I'm never okay, Ace," she whispered and closed her eyes. She thought of her wolf, and her heart ached when she imagined Greyson's wolf alongside her. She willed for her wolf to take control, to change her skin into fur, to change the structure of her bones.

Indianna groaned and fell to her knees, her bones cracking and twisting into their new shape. She squeezed her eyes shut, gritting her teeth. It was painful. It was going to be after not shifting for so long. She clenched her hands into fists and took a deep breath. She could feel sweat forming on her forehead.

When Indianna next opened her eyes her vision was much clearer. She had forgotten how loud everything was as a wolf, and the smells around her were almost overwhelming. Indianna felt a presence next to her, and for a moment she felt as if it was Greyson's wolf, but it Ace. He dropped a bundle of clothes in front of her, for Indianna to change into when she shifted back later. Indianna nodded and Ace's wolf's eyes stared carefully at her before nodding back.

*Let's move out.* Harry's voice went into the minds of the whole pack and soon they were running.

Indianna wished she could keep running away from everything, she wished she could hide, because she didn't know how she was going to defeat Rogue.

She had no idea at all.

*

Oscar led the way to his old pack. Indianna was right behind him. She spent the whole journey wanting to shift back. She hated being in wolf form. It was like there was a whole another part of her that was grieving Greyson. The grief that she was slowly starting to get used to was magnified.