BLOOD FOR BLOOD

BLOOD FOR BLOOD

——– that's why i'm pure to
some, a psychopath to others.

——– that's why i'm pure to some, a psychopath to others

Seventeen-year-old Violet Korchak can think of two primary reasons why her father sent her away to boarding school in California and refused to let her come home for four years

          1. She's not right in the head. Ever since the incident that'd happened four years ago, Violet's been seeing things that aren't there. Monsters with too many teeth. Monsters moving in the shadows. Monsters crawling all over her skin. Voices in the dark. Voices in her head. Some call it post-traumatic stress. Some call it a cry for attention. Vampires don't exist. This is just another case of a girl crying wolf. (Oh, the irony.)

2. One of the best intensive psychotherapy treatments is in California, where it's always sunny, so different from gloomy Forks, where nothing seems to grow. According to family friend Carlisle Cullen, a drastic environmental change like that is necessary to stave off the cognitive triggers. And because money has never been an issue for the Korchak household, Violet's father refuses to give her anything but the best. Even if he's had to send her away multiple times (seven and counting)—after she's caused enough trouble to get her kicked out of all her previous boarding schools—on the account that coming back to Forks is not good for her already crippled mental health.

            But this is where they're all wrong, you see. Violet knows what she saw that night. None of them understand that the sunshine can't help her forget what happened in that empty parking lot when she was thirteen and helpless while watching her brother, Luka, be brutally murdered. None of them know that Luka's killer is still on the loose. And that Violet is hellbent on getting revenge for all that she has lost.

          Even if he is a bloodsucker with more power in his pinky than she has in her entire body.