⚜Chapter 3⚜

Tangled Up in Blue

❇❇❇❇

She looks like adventure and tastes like the calm breeze after a terrible storm. She can raise kingdoms and drown dynasties with just a smile on her face and fire in her heart.

❇❇❇❇

"She is the best thing that could've ever happened to my family and me. A single smile from her gives worth to my life. Her eyes are be the most beautiful sites to look at. They can brighten any ordinary day and make it special, so special. I can look at her all my life without getting tired. She has truly become my salvation."  

"You're not supposed to be reading that, you know." She heard Elijah say as she looked up from her to find him sitting by her window. She narrowed her eyes at him.

"And you're not supposed to be here." She muttered before pouting and closing Elijah's journal that she was caught reading. 

"Not my fault you can't stop thinking of me, darling." He said cheekily making her roll her eyes. 

"Fine, go away now, I have to plan how to get you back. Like the actual you, in your actual body." She grumbled getting up as she walked over to her dresser to fix her hairstyle for the day.

"Leave them open, I haven't seen you with open hair in a while. I remember a time when you hated tying them." He said smiling, making her stop as she stared at her through the mirror with a straight face. 

"Yeah, well things change. I prefer not doing things that remind me of you anymore." She chided as she pinned her hair up in a bun, "Or things that you liked." She added.

He looked at her hurt, as he pressed his lips together and took in a sharp breath, he cleared his throat before looking down to the floor, "Isa, I...I thought that after last night you and I were making some progress in this relationship." He said somberly making her turn around to stare at him with her eyebrows raised.

"Uhm, if you don't know this by now, this is not a relationship." She needled making him ball his fists to suppress his anger.

"Then if I may ask, what exactly happened last night?" He questioned through gritted teeth.

"It was nothing. I was..." 

"In pain? Scared? Missing me? Needing some comfort? Because every time, every freaking time when you feel either of those things, I am there. I am just there. And you never respect that. Never!" He rebuked making her gasp as anger flooded through her veins.

"That is so not true! I have been there for you, always. No matter who was fighting who in your family, I was there. Through thick and thin, through every fucking problem. I was there!" She shot back at him.

"And I have loved you, I have cared about every single one of your feelings. Yes, I know I slept with another woman, but that was because of a spell. A spell that, by the way, was directly being channeled from the DOWNWORLD! And had you told me ONCE, once about the whole Parabatai situation, maybe I would've never left in the first place!" He screamed as his throat closed up because at that moment he hated himself for yelling at her like that.

"YOU SLEPT WITH ANOTHER WOMAN!" She yelled making him facepalm himself.

"You hid things from me. I was under the spell possibly placed by your mother. How could you expect me to be able to resist that?" He demanded rhetorically.