THIRTY SIX | CHOICES

MARLEY

"Now this, is called the Graham shuffle" Mike said as he showed Marley the steps to the family dance, his hand still holding hers as he attempted to lead the way.

Marley on the other hand smiled awkwardly, and tried her best to not look annoyed as she looked around the floor for someone to save her. Seeing Ron instead, her heart sped up as he was heading straight towards her, his smooth walk and piercing glare both intimidating and sexy.

Realizing her hand was still intertwined with the strangers, she quickly snatched it away.

"Damn girl, I told you I got you. Even if you don't have rhythm, I can teach you" Mike said flirtatiously, following up by the furrow of his eyebrows once Ron approached them, "What's up cous? You need something?"

"Yeah, my girl" Ron nodded towards Marley.

Marley resisted rolling her eyes into her head, but also couldn't front that she wasn't hype as hell about the fact that Ron was the one to save her.

"Ohhh" Mike said awkwardly, "My fault, cous. She's beautiful"

"Thanks" Ron and Marley replied simultaneously.

Ron shot her a look, and she shrugged because she was confused as to what she was supposed to say. Ron gave his cousin a nod, next firmly grasping Marley's hand and leading her away.

"Now I'm your girl?" Marley smirked, taking her hand back.

Ron looked down at her and annoyingly shook his head, "You think that shit is cute?"

"I'm cute apparently, beautiful even" Marley batted her eyes.

Ron laughed under his breath, and the two battled looks - however it wasn't hostile, more like they spoke everything they wanted to say just through their eyes. Ron took her hand back, and she allowed him too.

"You decide to play dirty to get my attention, doesn't seem like you" Ron shrugged, breaking their silence.

"I wasn't playing dirty, I was just dancing. Guilty much?" Marley snickered, pushing her hair behind her ear.

"And you think I'll allow you to dance with anyone but me?" Ron asked, his tone stern.

Marley rolled her neck, "Allow me?"

"Yeah, allow you" he repeated, "Come on"

He led her further onto the dance floor, and Marley titled her head in confusion. However she didn't hesitate to follow him, and smiled shyly as he gestured her to dance on him.

"Ron" she giggled, shaking her head, "You don't dance"

He shrugged playfully, as if to say why not. While the two weren't exactly talking about their problems, Marley decided to go with the flow. She allowed him to bring her into him, and she began to twirl her hips to the music, her movement both hypnotizing and precise as always. Ron held onto her, and caught the beat right along with her and Marley blushed with the feel of his manhood brushing against her. Oh how she missed that. Ron did as well, as he licked his lips and bit the bottom one, admiring everything about her as always. She glanced back at him, her eyes catching the light as she gave him a coy but taunting smile, and Ron knew, he would never find another woman like Marley Maisonet, the one and only. His woman was made just for him, even in all of her stubbornness and sassiness, and hardhead-ness, she was all that he could ask for. Ron let their current drama fall to the back of his mind, and told himself to just stop the torture. He pulled her closer so his chest could meet her back, giving him the ability to whisper in her ear.