Chapter 4 Tender Kisses & Bad Thoughts

Mari's P.O.V

Horrible.

That's exactly how my day is starting out. Just absolutely horrible.

Let alone being absolutely chaotic when getting out of bed and to work. This morning, I had barely enough time to get ready due to my alarm clock not going off. Not only that, I was being treated like straight trash by Jen. Thankfully though, I was able to finish the papers that needed to be done.

Smiling at the now finished stack of papers, I got up from my desk, grabbing the stack and made my way over to the elevator. I pressed the big '9' button, then feeling myself getting lighter as the elevator started its journey going up.

I was nervous about seeing him here, after the experience at the mall and when he stopped by my house that night. I hadn't told Toonz about him stopping by though, I only said that he sent me an email stating that me being fired was a mistake and that I need to come in tomorrow.

I felt the elevator come to a stop, opening the doors to a long beautiful hallway. I got out, making my way down the hall. I went straight to the big grey wooden doors. It had 'Hamilton' on a gold metal piece which hung firmly on the door, showing that this was his office.

"Come in" was all I heard from him, his voice sounding tired and muffled from behind this wooden fortress.

I slowly opened it to reveal Mr.Hamilton, who currently had his head stuck in a book. I gulped, standing tall, holding the papers closer to me as I walked over to his desk.

His eyes finally left mine, and it instantly filled with softness. He was smirking, putting down his book to then fold his hands together.

"I-I came to bring you your p-papers sir" I stutter out, menatallu cursing at myself for doing so.

I gently placed the stack neatly on his desk. His smirk then turing into a smile.

He's too cute..

I then shook my head, realizing what I had thought as I tried to shut out and block away that thought.

I can't, he's my boss. Relationships like these won't even work out, plus, you're just some lousy assistant. Nothing more.

"Thank you Ms.Schuyler, it's nice to see you in my office for once" he soothingly said, sending me a dorky smirk. I blushed, nodding my head as I turned to walk out the door and head back to my office. But once my hand touched the door handle, he spoke.

"Wait"

I turned to look at him. Giving him a confused look while I raised my eyebrow.

"Yes Mr.Hamilton?"

"Come here" was all he said. He leaned back into his chair and put on leg over the other, resting it.

"I-Uh...E-Excuse me?" I replied back to him.

I was confused on what he wanted, or why he wanted me over. I didn't move though he requested me too, I was just too conflicted on the entire situation that was unfolding.

He took that moment to then stand up. He put both hands on his desk, leaning over to then firmly point to a chair that resided in front of his desk. His stare becoming demanding.