Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

"Open the damn door,Chris." Chris woke up from his deep slumber when he heard loud banging on hisdoor.

"Chris, open it. Hurryup!" the loud voice came again followed by another series of loud banging.

He groaned in annoyancebecause he was extremely tired since he was not sleeping properly for the pasttwo weeks. So much was on his mind. His business, meetings and most importantlyhis Cinderella. He came back home anddid some work before sleeping.

He looked at the clock,it was 10pm. He wanted to sleep without interruptions, but it seemed as if hewas not going to have any peace anytime soon.

He got up from the bedand dressed in a t-shirt and pyjama before opening the door. Ashlyn, his feisty and stubborn sister stoodthere with raised hand, ready to pound on his door again but stopped just ontime otherwise her fist would be hitting his face.

Behind her was shyCrystal who was standing calmly as if there was nothing wrong.

"What took you so long? Iswear I was going to break that door if you didn't open it."

She took Crystal's handand dragged her inside without waiting for Chris's reply. Ashlyn stood on hisbed facing him, hands on her hips.

He sighed and went insideclosing the door.

"What is wrong Ash? I wasasleep." He asked her standing near the bed. They both were on almost eyelevel, thanks to his 6'4'' height. Meanwhile, Crystal just plopped on his bedclearly entertained at their childish antics.

"Asleep? How could yousleep when your sister is super stressed out?"

"Now you are overexaggerating."

"No, I'm not. There isbig problem. And when I will tell you, you'll be pacing non-stop, sleep longforgotten."

"Okay, miss drama queen,stop beating around the bush. Just come to the point, will you?"

"Why did you sign Stellathe super annoying bitch? I can't tolerate her anymore."

"What did she do now?" hesighed. When she mentioned Stella, he knew there was something serious.

"She is demotivating myteam. The way she behaves with others, everyone feels low. They can't sayanything because she is the star model in fashion industry, and your closefriend. They are tolerating her presence because of us because we are thebosses. They don't want to upset us. But, honestly this fashion show is goingto be a big disaster. There is so much negativity Chris. This is not going towork. You don't come to the rehearsals, but trust me, they are disaster."Ashlyn finished in one angry breath and sat down on the bed, near Crystal,fuming like a volcano.

Chris groaned inannoyance.

"Hey! Don't groan Mr.Grumpy. It is serious matter and I have all the rights to be mad when thefashion show is just a week away."

He also sat down Indianstyle across his sisters.

"Okay, I'm here to help.Now tell me what actually happened?"

"Listen, Stella isordering everyone around. She interferes when make up artists work on othermodels. Sometimes she passes snarky and insulting comments about theirs' looks,skin or clothes. But when it is her turn to walk on the ramp, she suddenlyfeels tired and goes to her trailer for nap.

"And now, she isdemanding to change  her dress for thefashion show. Apparently, she doesn't like the colour of the dress. Chris, Ican't take it anymore. I'm one day away from snapping at her and firing her."She summed up the experience of working with Stella Evans, one the top modelsin United States.