Harry Potter // I Need You

requested by Potter-Gryffindor

I'm so sorry for the delay. I've got a lot of things going on and I'm just trying to keep my passion fot writing still on. I'm sorry if this oneshot is all over the place, and is missing a few things. I tried.
I hope you like it🖤

warning : mentions of suic*de

**********

"Merlin, did you see her?"

"That Mudblood in Slytherin?"

"Give me a break, what was the Sorting Hat thinking?"

"It's been 4 years and she's still around, I can't believe it."

"Salazar, not a drop of magic in her blood and somehow she's here."

The talking slowly died as I hurried my way out of the Slytherin Dungeon, my arms full of books. I could never really fit in among the Slytherins here at Hogwarts, but that didn't mean that the other Houses never liked me. The Golden Trio, for one, couldn't stand the Pureblood mania amongst the Slytherins and everyone else, too. So, most of the time, I'd spend my day with Harry, Ron or Hermione.

I stalked towards the Black Lake and sat in a comfortable position under the tree and sighed. How long would this go? All the snarky comments behind my back just because I was born to a family who knew nothing about magic or about how stupid the Malfoys really are. Now that I mentioned it, I do know how stupid and narcissist they are.

My eyes skimmered over the surface of the lake as the sun shone in its early hours. From the corner of my eye, I could see a figure approaching me. Probably one of the Slytherins. Rolling my eyes, I stood up, turned my head and retorted loudly, "Don't you have better work to do than-"

"HARRY!" I exclaimed, surprised to see the green-eyed boy, "I'm so sorry! I thought you were one-"

"Y/N. Calm down. It's fine." Harry interrupted my rant and shot me a smile that made my insides melt. I sat down and gestured him to sit.

"Hey, you weren't down at breakfast. Thought I'd bring you something." He tossed me a some sandwiches and a bagel on my lap and sat next to me.

"Potter, what would I do without you?" I elbowed him and wolfed down the contents.

Harry plucked the grass underneath us and said, "You still haven't told me why you didn't come done for breakfast."

I stilled at Harry's words and evaded the question, "It's nothing big. I wasn't hungry."

"And yet you are eating that bagel like there's no tomorrow." Harry raised an eyebrow at my lame answer. I shrugged, not wanting to talk about it anymore. It was silent again until Harry said, "It would've been easier if you just-"

I raised my hand up and rose to my feet, my food in one hand and my bag slung over my other shoulder, "Harry. Stop. I'm fine. Now, let's get back to the castle. McGonagall's gonna kill us if we arrive late."

**********

"The essays are to be handed over by the coming Friday and if anyone fails to, you will have to go to detention. Now, off you go." McGonagall's voice rang through the class clear over the sounds of scraping desks and shuffling feet.

"Well, that was an exciting class, wasn't it?" Hermione said, her voice full of excitement.

"Only fun if you and Y/N were the only ones who managed to master the spell that everybody's been struggling with since last week. And how exactly are we suppose to write a twelve-inch parchment-" Ron grumbled.

"Oh cheer up, Ron. You managed to do a little of the spell. And Hermione will help you with your homework!" Harry clapped his best friend's shoulder.

"Hey, Y/L/N!"My head whipped towards the sound of the sly boy, "Still hanging out with the inferior ones? Oh, wait! You're one of them too, right, Mudblood?" The platinum-haired boy drawled.

Hermione grabbed my elbow but before I knew it, my hand slid to my pocket and I drew out my wand. Malfoy saw my wand and snarled, "Who do you think you are, you bitch! You don't even belong here! This is a place for witches, not filthy-blooded people like you and Granger here!!" Malfoy's snarl widened as I marched towards him, a spell on the tip of my tongue.

"Y/N! No!" I heard a voice behind me, and I stopped and took a deep breath in. I couldn't do anything, and even if I did, I wouldn't be able to. Even though Malfoy deserves it, I couldn't do it.

Tears formed in my eyes and my vision started to get blurry. I stashed my wand in my pocket and stalked past Malfoy, and made my way to the Astronomy Tower. I made sure that nobody followed me, and I was glad that Hermione didn't come after me.

As soon as I reached the top of the tower, I collapsed into tears and cried out all the pain that I had to endure just because I came from a Muggle family. I went on the edge of the opening in the tower and looked down, my eyes still blurry from the tears.

"Y/N..."

I close my eyes and the tears fall down quicker, as a pair of arms wrap themselves around my shaking body.

"I can't, Harry. Not anymore. I want it all to end. Please." I turned and rested my head on Harry's chest as he rubbed my back.

"Y/N. Stop. You are the most strongest, and smartest witch I have ever met and you deserve all the good things in this world, which you already have. You have amazing friends and a family that loves you. Don't you ever give all that up."

I pulled back and looked into his eyes, a bubble erupting in my chest and my eyes stinging with tears, "But this won't ever stop, will it? Harry, Draco will not stop all this and you can't honestly expect me to handle this all by myself!"

Harry bought his hand to my cheek and stroked it, and spoke in a soft voice, "And you don't have to do this alone. I'm here for you. And so are Ron and Hermione. Please, Y/N."

I looked away and Harry leaned in closer, "Please. I want you to stay strong. We'll get through this. Together.I need you. I also happen to know a few very good curses, in case it comes to that."

I smiled at him, "Thanks, Harry. That means a lot." I leaned forward and placed my lips on his. He smiled against my lips as he kissed back and then pulled away.

"I always knew I'd make the first move." I smirked at him, as he wiped my tears, the small 'wanting to suicide' incident forgotten.

"Oh, shut up, Y/L/N." Harry blushed a dark shade of pink and kissed my forehead, "Let's go to the library? It's quite cosy there."