Sang Yunxie 1.20

After grooming and whatnot, it was finally time for the fl to meet the empress dowager. She was dreading the meeting but didn't have a choice but to submissibly go.

The night before she and the emperor didn't consummate their marriage and it would've been fine if they would've kept it a secret between themselves. However, as soon as she was done explaining her decision to the emperor he released a powerful energy that made her drop to her knees.

Although she was prepared for a little bit of anger, his reaction scared her silly. She has always been treated nicely. She was a lady from a noble household who was well versed in the four womanly arts and had a beautiful appearance. Although she wasn't a beauty who could destroy a nation, she was beautiful enough to make people look twice at her.

Thanks to that she has always been proud of herself. She wasn't a snob but she knew her self worth and always liked to express her opinion. She basically acted like a girl from the modern times. Yet, no one has ever gotten angry at her for saying things like they were.

They found it cute.

In fact that was the reason why many people thought she was interesting and wanted to mess with her. Even her older cousin fell in love with the cute little girl who always spoke her mind and made him want to protect her. So that she could always remain innocent and bright.

Unfortunately, she was now part of the emperor's harem. A place full of schemes and liars. Not to mention that the emperor was a brutish man, who caused her a lot of pain.

She didn't want to marry him but was still forced to enter the palanquin. Then she braced herself and told him the truth. Yet, her words were greeted with rage. She expected him to be a little offended and she was prepared to talk some sense into him. But his reaction was too much!!! He released a very oppressive aura that made her fall to get knees and made her feel an inexplicable pain in her chest.

She was a sheltered noble lady so she never experienced physical pain in her life. However, he didn't even touch her and she suffered. Then maids informed her that he ran to his consort.

Although she was glad she didn't have to give herself to him. She felt angry.

The sun hadn't even come up and the palace was filled with rumors about what a disappointment she was. Plus, it wasn't gonna take long before the common folk knew that she wasn't graced by the emperor. She was gonna be publicly shame and her house was gonna suffer because of it.

The only good part about the whole thing is that, her older cousin was gonna find out that she managed to protect her innocence.

She definitely was going to find a way to be with him and escape this hell.

After doing preparations she finally arrived at the empress dowager's palace.

Although, she technically had the position of empress, she was still nervous to meet the woman who led a nation and made her father suffer.

Once the guard announced her presence, she unconsciously straightened her back and walked straight to the empress dowager.

She felt nervous as hell but still managed to walk straight.

"Chenqie, greets empress dowager and wishes her good health," she said as she bowed and waited for a response.

"You may rise," said the empress dowager.

She was sitting elegantly on her throne with a group of maids and eunuchs standing behind her. They looked docile and respectful. While she looked elegant and strong.

Even if you didn't know her story, you would probably guess from her aura that she was someone smart and deserved respect.

The Fl got up and her eyes nervously darted from the empress dowager to the floor. She looked like she was ready to be eaten. Which made some of the maids in the hall feel pity for her.