$ F O U R T E E N $

Unfold
~
February 5th, 2019
Los Angeles, California
Apartment

Vera. P.O.V.

9:01 pm.

I rub my eyes as I began to wake up. I groan, flipping my side on the hard couch.

"Vera?" I heard a familiar voice call out.

I sit up and stretch before my eyes meeting Lilly's worried ones. "You okay? Xavier called and told me what happened." She asked as she brought the back of her hand to my forehead.

I groan as I felt my whole body aching. "I think you have a fever. We should take you to the doctors tomorrow." She mumbled as she brushed my hair out of my face when I kept on flipping my hair out of my way.

I shook my head. "I'm fine. I don't need a doctor." I mumbled.

Lilly rolled her eyes as she scoffed. "Don't care. I want to know if whatever you have is contagious because I don't want Xavier and I sick." She muttered as she pulled out her phone before dialing a number.

I dropped my head into my hands, my body filled with exhaustion. I glanced around weakly, not seeing Xavier in sight. He must've already gone to bed.

I looked at my glass of water from earlier, contemplating if I should drink some or not. After deciding I was too dehydrated, I took large gulps of my room temperature water.

"Hi. I'd like to schedule a doctor's appointment for Vera Bernacelli." I heard Lilly say into her phone.

I heard her hum. "Yeah, with Dr. Reynell."

I grabbed the remote off of the coffee table before turning on the T.V. to watch a show on cable.

"Perfect. Thank you." I heard Lilly say before I saw her hang up from the corner of my eyes.

She plopped onto the couch before saying, "I got you an appointment for 12:30 on the eighth, okay?"

I nodded. "I'm coming with you, by the way." She added with a small smile.

"Thank you," I mumbled before leaning onto her after she extended her arms for me to embrace me in.

"You're welcome, babe."

~
February 8th, 2019
Los Angeles, California
Los Angeles Healthcare Center

Vera's P.O.V.

12:43 pm.

I plopped onto the seat which was in the lobby of the doctor's office. My head was spinning as my body was as well as aching. I've gotten progressively worse within the few days. I was convinced it was either a fever or something worse which had me worry.

I felt someone pat my shoulder. "You'll be fine." I heard Lilly say. I nodded miserably before letting my head drop onto her shoulder.

"I just want this to be over with," I mumbled distastefully.

I wore a hoodie over my head to cover my face from any cameras that would manage to take a quick picture of me. The office was quite busy since it was a Friday. I wanted the appointment to be quick, so I can be in and out of here. As I began to doze off, I heard my name being called which jerked me out of my dazed state.