- 22 -

CHAPTER 22

"So you're telling me, you went on a date with a dude that you thought you had strong feelings for but it only turned out that you'd rather have him a best friend than anything more because it feels right that way?"

You nodded and turned away from Chat Noir, who sat next to you on the soft carpet on the floor.

"Have you talked to the guy?" Chat asked you. You looked at him. Chat's mouth fell open.

"You haven't told him!" Chat exclaimed. You groaned, making Chat laugh.

"You like seeing me suffer." You huffed. Chat nodded, his laughter continuing on as you stood up and crawled onto your bed.

Chat finally managed to be quiet after what seemed like 20 to 30 seconds. he finally he came up onto the bed after.

Sitting next to you, he smiled at you as you looked away. He grabbed your hand.

"Hey." He said. You turned to him.

"I like you too. But let's sort out all of this, okay?" Chat looked at you reassuringly.

You never noticed the spark in his eyes before today. When he fought for Paris, the spark wasn't the same. At least you'd never seen it.

You nodded, giving him a small smile.

"I'll tell him soon." You mumbled. "Why'd you go on the date if you didn't like him?" Chat asked quietly.

"When I went on the date, something felt wrong. I got the feeling like I was doing something I shouldn't be doing. I don't know what it was, but I ignored it. Later that night, you came here and my gut sort of told me that you were the feeling." You told him.

Chat nodded.

"Well, nobody wants to be led on." He said. You nodded, agreeing.

"That's exactly why I want to tell him! I'm scared he won't want to be friends after. I do love him, maybe just not in the way he or I thought so." You sighed, breaking the eye contact between Chat and yourself. He stood up and took a deep breath.

"Well, I should head out now, it's getting late. But you take care of yourself, we'll figure this out." He smiled.

You gave him a small nod before getting up to hug him. He pulled you in by your waist and his fluffy hair started to tickle your ear as his head leaned into your neck. You giggled quietly, and Chat looked at you in confusion. You placed your hand on your now bare neck and giggled once more.

"Your hair was tickling me." You laughed.

Chat shook his head and chuckled. "You're a crackhead. Go to sleep." He pointed to the bed behind you.

You nodded and got into the bed. Chat leaned over you and tucked you in. You watched him as he fixed your sheets up.

He turned to face you only to be met by your gaze.

His eyes connected with yours again for what seemed like the 10th time tonight.

"Chat." You called.

He didn't say anything. But you knew he was listening.

"Have a good nights sleep. Ignore your problems." Chat mumbled.

He leaned in and kissed your temple like he usually did. You smiled at him as he pulled away.

"You too kitty. Goodnight." You closed your eyes, your tiredness getting the better of you. Before you dozed off, you heard Chat's voice once more.

"Goodnight, darling."