Brave New World

"Well, because she's not human, obviously." I hear Elena tell Bonnie as I walk up to them.
"Who's not human?" I ask.
"Caroline." They say in unison.
"Amen to that." I say, "I'm just kidding." I say and we all laugh. We drop off the prizes and make our way to Stefan, Hunter and Jeremy.
"Hey did you-"
"Yeah, yeah. I set up the goldfish toss, all 300 goldfish. It's gonna be epic." Jeremy cuts her off and walks away. I make my way over and take Hunter's hand in mine.
"I need to go talk to a guy about the food stand. He says it's going to cost more but we already had a price figured out so I need to go fix it." I tell them really annoyed.
"Remind me to never get on her bad side. She's scary." Stefan says to Elena, and I give him a look and he puts his hand up in surrender.
"Let's go, before you decide you want to add my brother to you kill list." Hunter says and we walk away.

▫️▫️▫️

"The ringtoss is out of Bart and Homer dolls and team Jacob Ts." Bonnie says as Hunter and I walk up to her and Elena.
"Ugh, Jacob. Edward is the obvious choice." I say to them.
"Really?" Hunter asks me.
"I mean yeah, Vampires are so much better than Werewolves. I mean so werewolves can turn into a giant furry dog. Vampires are al hot and sparkly." I say and they all stifle a laugh.
"What it's the truth." I tel them clearly not joking.
"Have I told you, you look really cute tonight little sis." Elena tells me. (outfit in media)
"Thanks, but that won't make me forget that you're mean." I tell her and she laughs.
"Ok, I'll grab some Ts from the Science club. Also we lost a speaker at the karaoke booth." She tells Bon.
"Are you sure there's nothing I can do? I mean I feel bad that all this is happening and I'm on a date." I tell her.
"No, we've got it covered have fun with your boyfriend." She says and I smile at her.
"Ok, that makes me forget your mean." I tell her and Hunter drags me towards another food booth.
"Gosh, how could you eat anymore?" He asks me.
"Because I am a pro eater. Plus, Carnival food is the best." I tell him.
"Hey, I'll be right back, ok?" He says and starts to walk off.
"Ok.." I say to him and then turn back to the line.

After about 30 minutes I go looking for Hunter I find him with Stefan and Damon.
"Hey, I was just about to put out a missing persons." I joke as I walk up to him.
"Yeah, I'm sorry. I just.. something came up with them. Can I meet up with you later?" He asks me.
"Yeah, no problem. I'll see you then." I tell him with a smile. I walk away and do some work for the fair.

"Yeah, you guys are free to go. Done for the night." I tell the ride maintenance.
"Okay, have a nice night." They say and go off. I sit down on the back of a trailer. I lay back and let out a sigh. I really don't know how Caroline does it.
"Hey," I hear and I sit up.
"Hey back." I say as he walks over to me. He stands in between my legs and I lean my head on his lower chest/stomach.
"I'm sorry I cut our date short." He apologizes.
"That's okay. You had family stuff." I say as I look up at him.
"Yeah, I'm still sorry." He says.
"It's still okay." I say and lean my head back on his stomach.
"You tired?"
"So tired." I say with a laugh.
"Then let's get you home." He says and pulls me to my feet. He lets me jump on his back and he walks me to his car. I'm passed out by the time he puts me in the passenger seat.

A/N: I'm so sorry this chapter is so short. I didn't really know what to do in this chapter since Caroline actually turns into a vampire in this chapter.