5

“So you mean to say that you have 0 memory of how it happened?”

Yeonjun nodded as he sat opposite his older cousin.

They were talking about what happened that night when Yeonjun became so carelessly drunk that leads to his situation right now. But so far, they haven't got any clue of who the heck the other man is, Yeonjun must have been too drunk that he couldn't recall the incident.

To put things simply, his information are useless.

Yesterday helped to put Yeonjun's mind at bay. They just had fun and shop around the mall, dismissing the subject and focusing in lifting Yeonjun's mood. And luckily enough, the whole get away succeeded.

But that didn't stop Taehyung from asking what really happened now though, you can't blame him, he didn't get enough sleep last night since he was too curious. And there's no way he's lacking sleep tonight too.

“All I can remember was me entering a club to drown out my pained heart after Hyunjin stomped on it. You know hyung, he should've just stabbed me instead, it basically feels the same. He should've just surprised me with a knife directly pressed onto my chest instead of surprising me with a fucking romantic dinner only to break up with me. And it was even our anniversary!” Yeonjun rambles on, unknowingly stabbing the poor steak instead, creating a loud sound as the utensils clattered against each other.

The action startled Taehyung, fortunately for him though, he didn't drop the glass he was formerly drinking from. He gave Yeonjun a glare and dramatically put his hands on his chest.

“God, Yeonjun! Are you trying to give me a heart attack!?”

“It's better than giving you a broken heart though.”

Giving Yeonjun a look once again, Taehyung sighs. “Stop willowing over that rat, who knows maybe this husband of yours is much better than him!” Taehyung stops, frowning his eyebrows and then shrugging. “On second thought, anyone is better than him.”

It is now Yeonjun's turn to give Taehyung a look, “You're just saying that because you don't like him,” he sighs, “but he's actually a great guy, Taehyung hyung.”

“A great guy would never break your heart. Especially on your anniversary.” Said Taehyung, even swaying around his spoon to add effects.

“But still..”

“Enough about him already! I wanna know more about this dude you married, from what I can see, he has a great taste. I mean look at your rings, they're magnificent! I bet they cost massive. To be honest with you, I've been eyeing them ever since you went home.” Taehyung reached forward and grabbed Yeonjun's hand, examining the rings up close.

The first one is pretty simple actually, yet so delicately classy and elegant. It's white gold with little diamonds engraving all around, it must be their wedding ring, since the other one screams for attention, just like what any other engagement rings do. It's the same kind as the first one, white gold, but this ring has a hugeass diamond sitting pretty at the middle while there are little crystals surrounding it, helping to emphasize its beauty.

It amused Yeonjun how they even got time to look for a ring, and it isn't just one, but two beautiful ones. And from how they look, it's pretty obvious that they're expensive.

Yeonjun can't imagine himself spending a great amount of money for this. So he could only wish that the other guy was the one who paid for it, or else he's really going to lose it and jump off a cliff.