Chapter Fourteen

Happily, Lena walked through the empty corridors of Hogwarts. During the day she had looked around the nearby shops, somehow not bumping into Kara, and found a worthy present. She took her time to carefully wrap it in blue wrapping paper and hand-tie a bow with silver ribbon.

A smile grew on her face as she looked down, catching a glimpse at the light grey hoodie she borrowed from Kara and the black jeans her girlfriend had given her.

The library arrived on her right and she skipped inside. Looking around, her eyebrows furrowed for a second. She knew she was early, but she was still surprised that Kara wasn't here already.

"Hello, Miss Luthor." A familiar voice came from behind her. Cat Grant had followed her into the library. Lena froze and couldn't turn around; Sudden embarrassment of holding the present rose inside her.

"Hi..." she mumbled. The professor circled the raven haired girl until she was in front of her.
"Where is Miss Danvers?" She asked, folding her arms and leaning her weight onto one side.

"She's- Uh- I'm not sure." She continued to speak in a quiet voice, keeping her head down.
"Oh." She breathed out and then smirked, looking down at the present. "I see."

Lena furrowed her eyebrows for the second time and glanced up; It took her a few moments to realise what she meant.
"No. No, this isn't-"

"I didn't say it was." Miss Grant smirked.

"Miss Grant, I-"

"Lena, you clearly like her. She's good for you. I haven't seen you this happy for a while. And Kara, she's- well- she's still bubbly, but..."

Lena smiled slightly, thinking about Kara and her chirpy personality; Her bright smile; Those glistening blue eyes. Lena broke away from her thoughts and glanced up again.
"Have you heard anything from Lex?" She nervously asked. Cat Grant shook her head and placed a hand on the young girl's shoulder.

"You're safe. Kara's safe."

"How did you-"

"Lena, I've looked after you since you arrived at Hogwarts. I know how your mind works."

Lena showed her a small smile and got one in return before Miss Grant patted her shoulder and walked out with a quick "Goodbye, Miss Luthor."

"Thank you." Another voice whispered and quickly caught Lena's attention. She swirled around to see Kara showing Miss Grant a bright smile before hurrying off between bookshelves.

Lena raised an eyebrow to the professor, who saw her and casually walked out of view. She bit her bottom lip and followed Kara as far as she could, losing track of her quite easily.
"Kara? I know you're in here." She spoke out to the library. A few seconds later she heard
"Damn it."

With a soft giggle, Lena traced the disappointed sigh to reveal Kara sat in the spot they had talked to each other after she ran off. "I'll pretend I didn't see that." Lena joked.

"Yeah, um... I may have asked Miss Grant to help me distract you... Clearly it didn't work." Kara muttered in a low voice, a little irritated.

Lena was about to answer with a snarky comment until she saw the genuine sadness in Kara's blue eyes when they met hers. Her expression softened and her legs gave way as she dropped to the ground to comfort her.
"It almost worked. I did grow up in a house with some of the most deceptive people in the world... if not the most."

Kara slowly nodded and then looked down at the wrapped present laid in Lena's hands. The Luthor blushed and tucked a few loose stands of raven hair behind her ear.

"...Is that for me?" Kara whispered; Her voice sounded like an excited child. Lena nodded and held onto Kara's wrist.
"But you can't open it until tomorrow." She said sternly and stared at her girlfriend.

Slowly, Kara gulped with wide eyes. Her lips curled into a smile. All of a sudden, she threw herself onto Lena and pressed their lips together. The Slytherin was shocked as she landed on her back with a small thud, but quickly rolled over to take control.

Now hovering about the Hufflepuff, Lena smirked and asked, "What was that for?"

"I dunno." Kara was flustered, "I just wanted to kiss yo- my girlfriend."

Lena smiled innocently and gently flopped down and rested atop of Kara.
"Can we lay here for awhile? I don't want to go to the dorm, or move." She mumbled into the crook of Kara's neck. The blonde carefully lifted herself into a sitting position, which disturbed the other girl.

She smirked to the raven haired girl, who had a confused look, and slid her hands under a bookshelf. Pulling out a duvet and several blankets and pillows, Lena's face lit up.
"I'm glad you said that." Kara said and began organising the pillows on the floor and the blankets around them both.

Lena lowered Kara to the ground again and rested on top of her, again. Sleepily, she pulled the duvet over her shoulders, and covering Kara.
"I love you." She whispered.
"I love you too." Kara whispered back.