Potions Partners

Amy was relieved back in first year when she was placed in Gryffindor after all she expected it considering that's where most Weasley's were placed .

Amy's POV

I sat in a compartment on the Hogwarts express waiting for my friends Lily Evans , Marlene McKinnon and Alice Forsecue who like me was starting fifth year , wondering what was taking them so long .
Especially Lily she is usually the first to arrive .

I heard the door open and looked up to see Bellatrix Black whom I didn't exactly see eye to eye with because of her blood purity mania .

I gave her a questioning look as if to ask her why she just barged in here .

"Filthy little bloodtraitor"

And with that she stormed out . I narrowed my eyes confused at what that was all about but the thoughts was shaken away from me as the compartment opened once more to reveal my friends.

"Where have you all been ?"
I asked

"Sorry we just had a little row with the Slytherin's . Something about you stealing there compartment"
Lily said

So that's why Bellatrix walked in .

"How pathetic anyway how has your summers been ?"

Marlene then grinned and engulfed me in a hug to which I happily returned . I guess I could say Marlene was my best friend then Alice and Lily were best friends . Either way we was all closer than ever .

I sat at the Gryffindor table urging for Dumbledore to start his speech as I desperately wanted to took into my meal I was starving .

Dumbledore finally started his speech which I didn't particularly listen to considering I could feel a pair of eyes boring into the back of my head .

I couldn't stand it anymore and snapped my head up only to see Bellatrix glaring at me . Still ? Surely she was over the fact that I was sat in her 'special' compartment . I also knew if Bellatrix was angry at me she wouldn't hesitate to make my life at Hogwarts a living hell .

I pushed my thoughts away as Dumbledores speech ended and the food appeared on the table .

I felt my thoughts of hunger make a return as i piled food onto my plate and began eating .

"Hello there Evans how was your summer ?"

I heard James Potter say to Lily . Looks like he was still intending to get in a relationship with Lily .

I noticed Sirius Black was doing the same to Marlene which made me snicker .

Both Marlene and Lily denied that they like James and Sirius back but it honestly wasn't hard to see that deep down they felt the same way .

I glanced at Alice who was sat next to me as we gave each other knowing looks . Alice however was already happily in a relationship with Frank Longbottom who was a little dorky but he was sweet and certainly good for Alice .

I turned my concentration back to my food but was once again distracted and when Alice said

"Black keeps staring at you"

I knew immediately she was talking about Bellatrix as Sirius was currently flirting with Marlene then Regulus had never particularly associated with me .

I looked up only to make eye contact with Bellatrix and frown . Bellatrix finally looked away after a good few moments and began having a conversation with her sister Narcissa Black and Lucius Malfoy.

Once I was back in the Gryffindor common room I sat on a sofa next to Lily as Marlene and Alice had decided to get a early night sleep .

I looked towards Lily who was reading a book about potions which wasn't uncommon for Lily .

"Lily lessons haven't even started yet you don't need to revise until much later on this year"

I saw Lily frown at what I'd said most likely because Lily was a know it all yet she was kind , caring and funny .

"Amy you know that's practically impossible for me too do"

I chuckled knowing this was true .

I noticed James make his way over to Lily and began swooning over her and trying to impress her which resulted in Lily rolling her eyes . I snickered at this .

"Right I'm going to make my way to bed . Have fun love birds"

I saw Lily glare at my words where as James grinned .

Lily then said

"Night Potter I'm going to bed too"

I saw James grin fall as Lily began following me up the stairs to our dorm which we shared with Marlene and Alice .

"Lily I think you should give James a chance . I can tell you like him too and we both know he would treat you right"

"I know Amy but what about the way James treats Severus"

Severus Snape was Lily's or should I say use to be Lily's Slytherin half blood friend but that all came to a halt at the end of fourth year .

"Yes but Lily what about what Severus said to you at the end of fourth year"

I said referring to when Severus called Lily a mudblood .

Lily nodded and looked glum remembering the whole incident .

I noticed Marlene and Alice had already fallen asleep and decided it was best I slept now after bidding Lily goodnight.

The next morning I collected my timetable from Professor Mcgonagall and compared it with my friends . I was happy to see Lily was in my potions then Marlene was in transfiguration and charms and Alice was in care of magical creatures with me .

However I had Double potion first every day not including the weekends or Thursdays .

Lily and I made our way towards potions . I watched as Professor Slughorn greeted me and Lily he had always seemed to like the pair of us after all probably because Lily was the top of the class with me following closely behind .

Professor Slughorn then announced that there would be a seating plan and we would have to work on making a potion of his choice with our partner we get put with till Christmas.

I hoped I would be put with Lily or maybe even Remus , Sirius or James as I got along with all of them pretty well . I began listening as Professor Slughorn announced the pairs ...

Crabbe with Goyle
Parkinson with Malfoy
Potter with Evans
Lupin with Sirius Black
Snape with Lovegood
Weasley with Bellatrix Black

I saw Lily , Sirius , James , Remus and even Xenophilius Lovegood look at me sympathetically.

I groaned at who I had been partnered with but of course this was going to happen it's just the luck I get after all .

I made my way towards a glaring Bellatrix knowing she wouldn't make her way towards me .