Chapter 7

Everly

Right after the last bell rang, I pushed my way to my locker to put my things and take the things I wanted to take for home and made my way to the security desk. I waited patiently for the students who was talking about their lost items, until it was my turn.

"No, we still haven't receive anything." He said, "You checked it at home?"

I nodded my head and was disappointed hearing that as I made my way out of the office and towards the main entrance of the school.

"Hey!" I heard a shrilling voice calling out in the now mostly empty hallway. I turned and watched seeing Brianna and her pets.

She stood exactly five feet apart from me, at least I get that benefit, or she would have crawl her way to use her claw on me.

"I have a name." I said, rolled my eyes and turned around.

"Just because he is protecting you, does not mean that I won't do anything to you when he is done playing with you."

I stiffened at her sentences and turned around. "What are you? His pet? You want his attention so bad?"

She scoffed, "You sure you come to this school?" She asked. "You have the audacity to speak to me this way, do you know who I am?"

"F*ck off." I cussed and turned and walked towards the door.

"Just so you know, once he is done with you." I didn't let her complete her sentence as I opened the main door and stepped out of the afternoon sun.

Elliot was sitting on the staircase, some students stood in front of him- trying to hold some conversation and they seemed to be doing just fine. One of them saw me and nudged the other one and I sighed and made my way to the stairs.

"That was much better." Elliot said as he stood up and put his arm on my shoulder. "I thought I have to walk to your home by myself." As we walked away from the student, I tried to wiggle away from his hold, but he kept it firm.

"You are annoying." I said.

"You like it." He winked and I gagged. Our walk was actually not that awkward like I thought it would be. When we reached my house he said,

"I would have loved to stay, but I have to go somewhere." He said and ruffled my hair and I scowled at him. "See you." He said, as he pushed me towards the door.

"Bye." I said.

He made sure I was inside the house, before he walked back to his car and drove off. I had a much more calm and relaxed night, no one to talk to, that's how much I am used to.

Phillip came home with desserts, we both watch games and share our days.

"Your guy friend is nice." He said and I know where the conversation was leading.

"Yea." I said as I looked at him.

"Do you like him?" He asked with a worried look.

"No." I said.

He raised his hand in a defensive way, "You can like him if you want to."

"I don't think he is someone that I should be falling for."

"You don't get to choose that, your heart gets to choose who it wants to love."

"That's so corny." I whined and he smiled.

"I think your mom will be the one warning and saying be careful and use protection and all. My duty is to make sure he doesn't hurt you or he will be seeing stars and unicorns later."

I chuckled and said, "Thanks!"

"I always got your back." Phillip said to me, "So, does mom."

I smiled at him and give him thumbs up and he give me a light kiss beside my head and stood up,

"Time for bed."

Abby texted me and asked if I could come over on Friday to help her get ready for her date, which I gladly accepted. Around 2:30 am in the morning, I heard the window of my room pulled up and then down.I checked to see and didn't find anything suspicious after seeing it closed and rolled back and closed my eyes when a hand was on my mouth.

"Shh." I heard a voice and my eyes widened.

"What the heck are you doing here?" I scowled at the figure, who I assume is Elliot. He smelled of alcohol and him, most probably he went to a party.

"I am sleepy." He complained.

I turned on the night lamp beside me and I scoffed, "Then go home."

"I like it here."

"You only came here once and now you are making yourself feel at home. Get out of my room, it's a freaking weekday and here you are waking me up in the middle of the night. Are you nuts?!?"

"We could have just went to bed instead of talking?" He said.

"What is wrong with you? You come here, uninvited again! And expect me to welcome you. Are you dreaming?"

He turned off the light and rolled to my bed, if I had a single bed I would have kicked him out anyway, my queen size bed had space for him, so I just glared at his back of his head.

"You do anything, I will go ninja on you." And threw pillows between us.

He was snoring lightly and my threats was of no value and sighed and went back to sleep. Seven am, my alarm beeped, and I heard a groaned and a light shoved and I smacked him while rolling to the other side to turn off the alarm.

I sat up to see him taking half of the space of my bed, while I was in the corner of my own bed. Irony. He was sprawled comfortably on the bed, his black t shirt was gone and now he laid naked with just his boxer. His abs was drool worthy, he had couple of tattoos all over his body, but that does not give him a chance of forgiveness from me. His cheeks was still red and he was still sleeping, so I assume, he is skipping class like always.

I escaped from the house and hope that Phillip and Barbara will be too busy to step into my room, I don't want any questionnaire time for something that I never asked to be involve in.

I see Abby standing near the parking space, wearing a dress and denim jacket, the cold breeze was finally kicking in the city.

"How is it going?" She asked as I approached her.

"I still cannot find my journal." I frowned.

"You can always start a new one?" She asked hopeful.

I did not say anything, "That journal meant a lot to me because the journals have the picture of my birth mother and her husband. That was the only photo I have of them, even though I am angry at them, I am still so curious about why they left me in this cold world.

Abby bumped my shoulder and said, "I think I might need to go shopping today, I realized I am out of clothes."

"Says the one with walk in closet."

And she smiled sheepishly at me.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give this chapter a Vote and add this book to your reading lists. Thank you for your support!