||Chapter 05||

🌙River🌙

"Find them and invite them A.s.a.p" Audrey demands before handing stacks of white envelopes to klowi and the others. I raise my brow as I stir the disgusting salad klowi got for me "Whats this for" Isaac asks looking down at the white envelope with his name written in gold cursive on the top "Its your invataion silly" Brianna says being her flirty self "Oh" is all he replies before digging into some fries.

I stare at his long sticks of starchy heaven as he playa with each one while I gag eating this kale bullshit.

"Why are you guys having a party anyways?" I ask in attempts to sneak some of Isaacs fries "We just wanted to welcome our new students" Kaylee says making eyes at one of the new transfers "Anyone in particular" Isaac says sliding his fries over to me while the girls are distanced "Well we've made a list of the hottest transfers based on followers, reputation and family name" Audrey says as if she didn't sound shallow or judgmental.

"So each of you know who you're looking for?" Audrey says with an eyebrow raised "August cale she's a transfer from Australia and shes also Ashtons sister then I need to find her brother and invite him and his team" kaylee says before walking off with a stack of evelopes "I need to find the spade twins and get them to the party whatever it takes right" Brianna says making eyes at a guy with a varsity jacket. His arms wrapped around a brown haired girl who was sitting with Freaky Lenny and her new 'friends'  "I need to find Cole bateman and Bianca Hale..and uh what does this say" Klowi says looking at the envelope oddly "Here" Audrey ask holding her hand out taking the envelope.

I start picking my stuff up bored with this conversation "Oh its Cecelia the stupid calligrapher" I drop everything as soon as the words leave her mouth "Ohhh babe are you okay here eat your salad" Klowi says scooping a huge stack of that digusting salad "W-what did you say" I stare at Audrey "Uh Cecelia?" She raises a brow "Shes the daughter of..." shes just about to finish when the bell rings she starts packing up her things "No. No wait what did you say about her" I stop her before she walks off "Its nothing ill tell you at lunch" she looks at me like im a mad man which I probably was "oh and give this to your brother" she hands me an envelope before flicking her hair over her shoulder and strutting off.

I look down at the envelope to see my brothers name in the same gold cursive as the other envelopes. I hadn't even realized my brother wasn't at lunch with us which was odd considering he didn't have any other friends since he hated almost everyone including most of my friends.

I walk into my advanced English class scanning the room for Tate. I cant see him in his usual seat towards the back. I raise my brow before taking my usual seat, slinging my bag on to the back of my chair, and slouching back like all the 'cool kids' who didn't give a shit did.

Class begins and Tate still hadn't walked in. "Sarah?" Ms.beck calls the roll while passing fake smiles and greetings to the transfers "And Tate" she calls for my brother, I snicker knowing she won't be getting a response any time soon "Tate Kerrington" she repeats "Uh sorry here" his voice calls from the front of the class. I look up to see the back of my brothers head as he sits comfortably in the front row next to an all too familiar hood. What was he doing with 'Freaky' Lenny? Again?I bounce my knee under the desk attempting to decipher this weird friendship my brother has with her or should I say 'It'.

Class goes by pretty quickly considering I was zoned out through most of it the still trying to figure my brother out. Not that I'm interested in his life, I just find it odd anyone would voluntarily hang out with her, she like sniffs hair and shit.

"Yo, Tate hold up!" I call interrupting him and Freaky Lennys conversation. As I draw closer she quickly walks off down a side hall dodging me. "Ugh you scared my friend off" Tate says getting his phone out "this is from Audrey" I hand him the envelope which I threw in my bag "what is this" he says laughing at the envelope, which now that I think about it is kinda ridiculous "invite to her party" I say tucking my hands into my jean pockets "Fresh meat party" he reads as he opens the envelope "very discreet" he says sarcastically as he scrunches the invitation up "You're seriously not going?" I say shocked "No I um..." he drifts off while running his hands through his hair something he only did when he was hiding something "you what?" I ask turning the corner "I have something to do that night" is all he says before changing hallways "Hey where are you going" I call out to him over the crowd of students "I'm going to look for my friend you scared away" he calls back before jogging down the hall. I poke fingers at his turned back and continue to walk down the hall I was on to look for Audrey.

While I'm frantically scanning the heads of everyone in the packed hallway I eventually get so distracted I bump into someone "watch where you're going" I say moving around whoever I hit "Oh thanks for the apology" recognizing that voice my head shoots back hoping to see her smiling face and golden locks. My face drops once I see that ugly black hoodie and those dirty red chucks. I angrily walk back towards her blocking her way. she shifts and dodges trying to get around me but I don't budge. "What do I have to apologize for?" I say walking closer to her "Uhh..." she mumbles not knowing what to reply "What do I have to apologize for huh?" I torment her laughing as she awkwardly walks back trying not to trip "Please leave me alone" She says looking to the floor "Last time I checked my face was up here" I say pointing to my face even though she couldn't see that considering her head was always fixed in the same position "I'm sorry" is all she says before trying to run off. I step in front of her once more not letting her think she could get away that easily "And if you go near my brother again ill rip that ugly hoodie off your fucking head and show everyone what you really look like" she nods her head sniffing as I see tears stream down the exposed half of her face "Now run along freak" I say permitting her to go.

Waste of space. I think to myself as I jog to the cafeteria looking for Audrey. I spot her talking to a bunch of guys on the center table.

I quickly rush over to her interrupting their conversation with my presence "Hey River" the guys call immediately diverting their attention from Audrey. She snaps her fingers trying to re gain their attention, but fails.

When they continue to ignore her she gets angry and storms off. "ill catch you guys later" I say chasing after Audrey.

They each nod their heads before I take off. "Audrey" I call after her slowly catching up to her. She walked fast for someone in 6 inch heels.

Once im in step with her she rolls her eyes and sighs "What is it River?" She says with an annoyed tone "We didn't get to finish our conversation earlier" I say re  tucking my hands into my pockets

"Seriously you're still on that" she says walking out of the cafeteria "Could you atleast tell me her last name" I ask stopping outside of the cafeteria "Why so you can just keep cheating on Klowi" she replies with an evil smirk on her face "Is it Klowi you're upset for or are you jealous" I say annoying her which now that I think about is probably not the best idea "Why would I be jealous im just concerned about my best friend" she scoffs folding her arms "You weren't so concerned when you would skip cheer to be with me" I say winking at her "If you tell anyone about that I wil-"

"You. will. what" I say keeping eye contact with her making her uncomfortable.

She stands there silently with an offended face and an awkward posture "Just give me her last name" I say more demandingly "No" she says being stubborn "Give. Me. It. Now" I say getting more and more annoyed "Why cant you just fucking leave her alone" I hear a deep growl from behind me.

I turn to see my brother alot more angry at me than usual. Since when did he care about Audrey?