4. Uncle is Disappointed

Inside the Imperial Palace, in front of the Sacred Sky hall where the Emperor resided, a lady could be seen kneeling.

One must know that the lady looked delicate and was wearing high quality fabric that could rival any of the royal princesses. If she stood, she'd have the bearing of royalty. But the veiled lady had been kneeling there since this morning.

Some of the passing eunuchs and palace maids were curious but none dared to ask her who she was.

They were too afraid of the dragon residing in this palace. If the Emperor paid no heed to the kneeling young lady then who were they to ask?

Still, a little whisper would go a long way inside these royal residences.

Who knew how it began but someone said that the identity of the kneeling lady was Imperial Daughter Gao Le. Indeed, that willow-like grace and posture. She was on her knees but her back was still ram-rod straight as if hours in that position was nothing to her.

The rumors spread like wildfire along with speculations why she was punished to kneel.

Wasn't imperial daughter Gao Le extremely doted upon by his Majesty? He even treated her more like his child than most of his children.

The people in the palace had foreseen that the imperial daughter would probably be married to the favored ninth prince because of the Emperor's treatment of her.

But alas, here she was being punished.

Suddenly, everyone remembered the news that imperial daughter Gao Le fainted after hearing that the Emperor decreed marriage to his Highness ninth prince Chang and fifth miss Bai.

The palace servants and guards had a look of understanding. It seemed his Majesty was not pleased with that attitude so imperial daughter was punished here.

Eunuch Min Tong, the Emperor's personal eunuch who was respected even by standard first rank officials went out earlier and said a few words to imperial daughter Gao Le. After that, he went in again and never stepped out since.

If only someone would dare to go near the veiled lady, they would notice that there was indeed 90% similarity to imperial daughter Gao Le. But those who truly knew her would see that the kneeling lady was actually the personal maid named Xin Ling!

Xin Ling knelt there, not minding the stares and the heat of the ever rising sun. She had to imitate her mistress as best as she could!

The real Yin Hua Lei was actually in the innermost chamber of the Sacred Sky palace where the dragon bed was. Clothed in black, she was standing in front of the sweating Eunuch Min Tong.

The atmosphere was suffocating.

"Gone? What do you mean gone?!" Yin Hua Lei almost lost her elegant image as she hissed at the old eunuch.

"Hi-his Majesty, when this servant entered the room, he was nowhere to be found." No matter how calm Eunuch Min was in court, he was still horrified at this situation.

How could the ruling Emperor of Da Xia be gone? Could he have encountered bad things or people? Was there a secret rebellion? But why was there no signs of struggle?

Eunuch Min paced around the room in trepidation.

Yin Hua Lei grew more irritated seeing the old one looking like a headless chicken.

Was this the same scary eunuch who could make even the princes sweat?

She drew a deep breath.

Her father, Yin Fang Qi, wasn't in the capital because he was specially sent to the south to secretly investigate the smuggling of salt.