Request 1 for Angst

Warnings: Cursing, Angst

Endgame Spoilers

———

Tony got off the ship, his heart heavy. He just lost the kid. He closed his eyes briefly before looking up at the others. Steve let out a relieved sigh and helped his friend into the HQ.

Tony sat down as Bruce gave him some medical attention. Nebula sat next to him, along with Rhodey. Tony looked around and raised a brow confusingly. Nebula took notice and walked over to Steve.

"Mr. Rogers,"

"You can call me Steve," He corrected and she nodded.

"Well, Steve, While on the ship. Tony kept talking about Y/N, and how much he misses her. I wanted to ask if she was here?" Nebula asked, and Steve's face turned serious. He swallowed thickly and shook his head.

"Hey Steve!" Tony yelled weakly. A small smile on his face as he looked around the tower for any sight of you. Rhodey put a hand onto his shoulder and shook his head. "Where's Y/N?"

Steve stared at him and shook his head. An apologetic look in his eyes. Tony frowned and his eyes watered.

"No, she can't.."

Rhodey and Nebula tried to comfort him as he had his breakdown.

"First Peter, Now Y/N?" He asked wildly and tears started to come down his cheeks. He had no one left.

"I'm sorry Tony,"

"Sorry for what?!" Tony snapped and got up. Steve glanced at the others. Natasha tried to help Tony stand down.

"None of this would've happened if you just listened to me!" Tony shouted at the soldier. Steve narrowed his eyes at him but sighed. Tony's eyes widen at what he just said. It sounded so familiar.

None of this would've happened if you just listened to me!

If you even cared, you'd actually be here.

Tony broke down and Steve hugged him without a hesitation. Tony sobbed into Steve's shoulder as Steve sighed.

"I should've saved them." Steve shook his head.

"We couldn't save them Tony." Steve reassured and Tony regained his composure. He looked at the team around him and chuckled pathetically.

"We are the suckiest heroes in the world."

"Except you Nat, you're an angel and everyone  loves you."

———

Tony grinned at Steve as they stepped onto the platform. He was ready to go back in time and save the universe. He had nothing else to do for those past five years. He was alone with Natasha in the tower the whole time. He helped her out when she was feeling down, along with Steve.

They pressed the buttons on their suits and were sent to a different time. Tony opened his eyes and saw the world around him.