Masquerade

"Easy..." Matt tells Jenna as him and Ric help her into the house.
"Grab the door Jer."
"Stop fussing, I'm fine." Jenna tells us.
"The doctor said that you have to take it easy." Elena tells her, again. She's been telling us she's fine for the past hour when we started to bring her home.
"Yeah, you don't want to rip your stitches, hemorrhage and die, all right?" Jeremy asks her and I push him playfully.
"Yeah, the only thing I'm gonna die from is embarrassment. I 'walked' into a knife. How does somebody do that?" Jenna tells us again as we help her to the couch.
"It was a freak accident."
"Yeah, it happens."
"Yeah. I mean, I've done it like 20 times at the grill." Matt says trying to make her feel better and she laughs at that. "Okay, I'm being nice."
"But seriously, the only thing that matters is that you are okay." I tell her with a nod. Jeremy and Elena go into the kitchen and Matt leaves soon after that.
"Hey, Jenna. I'm going to the masquerade ball tonight with Jo. Could you just not tell Elena. With everything with her and Stefan I don't want to rub it in her face." I tell her and she nods.
"Yeah, okay." She says with a smile.
"Okay, I'm gonna head to her house to get ready then." I tell her and leave to my car where my dress and everything is already at.
I make my way to Jo's house and as I'm about to knock she opens the door.
"Oh, hey." She says.
"Hey, I thought we were going to get ready together?" I ask her.
"Oh, I'm actually going to stay in. You should too, it won't even be that fun." She tells me.
"Oh, okay. Well where are you headed?" I ask her.
"The store, I have to pick something up."
"Okay. Well, I guess I'll just go home." I tell her and go back to my car. I sit there for a minute as Jo leaves. "Ya know what? Just because she isn't going, doesn't mean I shouldn't." I say to myself and make my way to Tyler's house. I get out of the car with my stuff and go and knock on the door.
"Hey, Ty. Can I get ready here?" I ask him when he opens the door.
"Of course. Come on in." He tells me and opens the door wider for me.
"Thanks.

▫️▫️▫️

"It's already packed out there." Carol comes in telling us as I fix Tyler's tie. "You know, we need to keep that door shut. Your father would be very unhappy if I let guests in here." She tells Tyler. "Oh, look at you two. You're so handsome, and Phoebe, you are gorgeous."
"Thanks. You look pretty good too, mom."
"Thanks Mrs. Lockwood." I tell her with a smile.
"Oh, a compliment. I think I'll fall over." She jokes with Tyler.
"Listen, I'm sorry I've been a dick lately. A jerk, lately. It's just.. have you heard from Mason?" He apologizes and asks.
"No, and I don't think we're going to. He's coming, He's going. It's just his way. He's exact opposite of your father."
"We should have cancelled this party." Tyler says and I take his hand for support.
"This whole masquerade theme was his idea. I don't know what it has to do with helping the homeless buy once he made up his mind he could really be a dick. Jerk. But I loved him. And I know you did too. It's natural to feel abandoned. I just don't want you to feel alone." She tells him.
"Come on. Put you masks on. Let's just go out there and pretend to have some fun." Tyler tells us and we all put our masks on.
"I think I need a cocktail first." Mrs. Lockwood tells us. We walk out into the party and I look around for anybody that I know. I see Bonnie and Jermy but they're gone faster than I can get to them. Trailing behind them is Jo.
"Jo? Jo!" I call after her and follow her.
"Hey, Phoebe what are you doing here?" She asks me.
"What am I doing here? What are you doing here? You said you were staying in tonight." I say and I see Hunter walking towards us.
"Phoebe? What are you doing here? Ric said you would be at home." Hunter asks me confused.
"Ric? Why have you been talking to Ric?" I ask them but they just look at each other.
"What's going on? I mean, everyone has been avoiding me all day, and now you all are wondering why I'm here when you know it's my favorite founder's event. What are you guys doing?" I ask.
"Look, we can't explain right now. There's something we have to do." Hunter says and him and Jo walk away. I don't have enough time to go after them because they're gone in seconds. I decide to just leave and I try to find my purse. It has Naomi's journal in it and I can just sit in my car and read that. After about 30 minutes of looking I finally find it. I take my keys out of it and make my way to the parking lot. That's where I see Elena, Jeremy and Bonnie. When I make my way over to them Elena screams.
"oh my god.." I let out and sprint the rest of the way. I look at her back and there's alot of blood, But there is no wound. It's like the blood is coming out of no where. I look to Bonnie and Jeremy and we hep Elena to a bench.
"What's happening to her?" Jeremy asks. Another 'wound' appears on her arm and she screams some more.
"How is this possible?! She's bleeding but there are no wounds." I ask them.
"Jeremy, it's Katherine! She's linked to Katherine. Get them to stop now." Bonnie tells him.
"Who? Who is Katherine?! And what do you mean she's linked?" I ask them, buy Jeremy just leaves and I stay with Bonnie and Jeremy.
"Bonnie, it hurts."
"I can't break the spell, Elena. I'm sorry. But I can try and take some of the pain away. Ok? Ok." Bonnie says and I'm all out freaking out. Bonnie starts chanting something.
"Are you ok?" Jeremy asks running back.
"Are they?" she asks.
"They're stuck in there with her." He tells her. "You were right, Katherine had a witch link Elena to her." Jeremy tells Bonnie.
"A witch?!" I ask and they sort of just ignore me.
"The girl I saw. The one inside. Stay with her. Put pressure on her shoulder." Bonnie tells us and runs off. I put pressure on her shoulder.
"Where are you going?"
"There's another witch here, I'm gonna find her." Bonnie says.
"Wait, another? So Bonnie is a witch?" I ask Jermey and he nods.
"So is Jo. Though we just found out she was today." He tells me.
"Wait, my Jo?" I ask him and he nods again.
"Look, I know that this is all a lot, But right now we need to worry about Elena we will explain everything later." He tells me and I nod.
"Take this." Jeremy days giving her his ring.
"Elena, Listen to me. You need this more than I do." He tells her.
"No, Jeremy, what I need is for you to be safe." She tells him. I stay with her and I guess everything works out because she's not in pain and she's actually healing. I let her talk with Stefan and I wait for her. She promised she would explain everything that happened tonight. She walks back to me and we start to walk to the car. I let Jeremy take mine.
"Yeah, Jeremy. We've got my car. Tell Bonnie that whatever she did, I'm starting to feel better. Yeah you can drive her home. I'm just gonna ago straight to bed. Ok." She says and hangs up.
"So you'll tell me what's going on tomorrow? When you're feeling better?" I ask her and she nods.
"Promise." She says but them she freezes and turns around. I turn around with her and there are two people with masks on. They come up and they cover our mouths so we can't scream, and then everything goes black.