⚫Chapter 56⚫

Elias and I watched as both armies began to make their way down the hills. It was like a never-ending line of werewolves as they ran towards us. Some of Roman's wolves seemed to be utterly confused but soon responded by charging towards Alpha Adamus and Alpha Nephele's army. As soon as Adamus reached the first wolf, he clawed his eye out in rage. He then stomped his paw against the muddy ground causing it to open up. Around fifty of Roman's wolves fell deep into the Latum Alterum.

Damn, where had he been this entire time? His wolves from Regnum Terram began to throw huge rocks into the air and at the enemy.

I continued watching and noticed Nephele's wolf began to move her head around in a circular motion really fast. What was she doing? Then all of a sudden, the sky opened up and a tornado began to form from above her. She snarled as it whipped through the opposing side picking up many werewolves. It suddenly exploded sending Roman's army flying.

Then I saw a great tsunami of water appear from the west. It collapsed onto the monstrous wolf making it fall back. It then remained still on the ground not moving at all.

"Well, that was easy," Neha said. But then no later than a heartbeat, the wolf was up again. It opened its mouth to breathe out fire. I could see a blue force field wrap around Sebastián protecting his wolves and himself from it.

Then on the left-hand side, a massive mudslide appeared and it sent wolves sliding away from the East preventing them from getting anywhere near Regnum Terram.

It was complete chaos. Huge amounts of water, ice, fire, lava, rocks, and mud were being thrown at wolves by their opposing sides. As I continued watching our side try and defeat Roman's, I unexpectedly felt weird. Something was telling me that I needed to get to higher ground.

I raced towards a cliff near me and jumped onto it allowing me to stay isolated away from everyone. For a split second, my vision was blurred. Then all of a sudden, I began to see the earth.

Massive wildfires burned in states like Arizona, California. My mouth hung open seeing tectonic plates ridge apart causing earthquakes in countries like Indonesia, Turkey, and Mexico. Tornados destroying peoples' homes, villages, and towns in Argentina, Uruguay, and New Zealand. The Christ the Redeemer statue in Brazil was no longer standing. Hurricanes and tsunamis in Japan, Chile, and Portugal had completely washed away their lands. Egypt had been wiped out with a massive sandstorm that destroyed many pyramids including The Great Pyramid of Giza.

Tears began to fall down my face as I saw the end of the world displayed right before me. Millions of innocent people were dying because of our mess. Suddenly, my view changed. I was now seeing our packhouse back on earth. It was in flames. Everyone had gathered outside watching our house burn to the ground. Babies were crying and the children were scared. I saw my own mother as she held on tightly to my father. "Mom," I sobbed out while stretching out my hand. And then it ended. I fell to the ground and began to cry out. "Make him stop! Please make him stop!" With blurry vision I looked down to see Roman breath out fire completely burning werewolves from our side.

"You're quite pathetic," I heard someone say in my head. I turned around to see Nailah's wolf approach me from behind. "Do you not care that there are millions of people dying on earth?" I yelled at her in anger. "I could care less. Once Roman kills you and your friends, it'll only be him left to rule," she said.

"Why on earth are you doing this? You don't need to prove yourself to Sebastián!" She stepped closer to me. "I'm not doing this for Sebastián. I am doing this for myself," she answered.

"Roman will kill you. After he's gotten what he wants, you'll no longer be needed. So, stop this," I stated. "Never." She then lunged towards me with a growl. I hit her with my shield which threw her onto the ground many feet away from me. I then ran towards her in rage with my sword gripped tightly in my hand. All of a sudden, she got up quickly. Fire shot out of her mouth as she began to draw a ring around me. Oh no, this wasn't good. 

I created a wider stance getting ready to jump over the ring of fire. Just as I was about to leap, the fire shot up shooting high into the sky. It was as high as a tree. There was no way I was going to be able to jump over that. 

It became extremely hot as I stood there in the middle. I looked down to see that the ring was getting smaller and smaller. The amount of inside space was slowly decreasing. I looked up to see Nailah's wolf standing on the outside. "You should stay here. You're kind of in the way," she said.

Then out of nowhere, I saw a wolf leap into the air and pounce on Nailah's wolf. It bit her in the neck before opening its mouth. Water sprayed out of its mouth pushing Nailah off of the cliff. It then sprayed water onto the ring of fire completely putting it out. It was Mateo. "You alright?" he asked me. "Yes, I am fine. Thank you."

I raced towards the edge of the cliff to see Roman's monster take a knee to the ground. He bent his head low as he suddenly began to make jagged breathing sounds. Then as he got up, he grew. He was no longer a hundred feet. He was now three hundred feet in height. I gasped while staring at the monster as a blanket of fire instantly covered him from his furry head to his huge paws.