Thirty One

Benjamin walks into his house, smiling at his mom.

"Your dad and his family will be over in a few hours. Get ready".

Benjamin buffs and grabs his bag to walk upstairs. Benjamin goes into his bedroom and sets his things down.

He goes into his bathroom, washing his face before changing into a hoodie and some black skinny jeans.

He decides to change his septum piercing to something more dainty. He smiles and grabs his clear nail polish to make his nails look glossy.

He looks in the mirror and sighs. He didn't want to meet his dads new family, it had felt wrong. He never thought of having a whole new family to have to get to know.

He goes back into his room, grabbing his phone off his vanity and texting Noah.

I'm scared lol

**

Benjamin hears the doorbell ring and gets off his bed to walk downstairs. He fluffs his hair and walks into the kitchen.

"Come get the door with me, honey".

Benjamin stands up and walks over to the front door with his mom.

Ms.Evans opens the door and smiles, "Hi".

Benjamin's dad hugs her and then goes to hug him as well. Benjamin looks up at the lady next to him. "This is Anna. And these are her two kids, Jade and Anthony".

Benjamin holds his hand out, "Nice to meet you".

"Nice to meet you too. I have heard so much about you!"

Benjamin smiles and moves out the way, "Come in"

**
Benjamin sits next to his mom, grabbing his fork off the table to begin eating.

Anna speaks up," Before we eat..we should all say a prayer".

Benjamin rolls his eyes and everyone grabs each other's hands. Benjamin grabs his moms hand, then grabbing Anna's daughter, Jade's hand.

Anna says a prayer and smiles. She looks up at everyone, "Thank you".

"So. I will formally introduce you. This is my son, Benjamin, but he goes by Benny most of the time. He's a junior in high school and is seventeen".

"Oh! I am too". Benjamin looks over to Anthony.

"What're your hobbies, Benjamin?"

"Oh um..I play the piano and sing".

"That's cool".

Anna smiles and points to Anthony. "My son Anthony plays basketball. You guys go to the same school right?"

Benjamin shrugs, "Not sure".

Anthony looks at him, "Wait..? Aren't you Noah's boyfriend?"

"You know Noah?"

"Yeah. He's a chill ass dude and is hella good at basketball. He helping me with my structure".

"That's cool".

Anna smiles and points to Jade. "My Jade here is in ninth grade. She's fourteen right now but her birthday is in a few months".

Jade nods, "So...you're gay?"

Benjamin nods back, "Mhm".

**
After dinner, Jade was sent into the living room while the older ones spoke.

Benjamin's dad, Damien, looks at him, "So..how would you feel coming to stay with us from time to time. To get to know them?"

Benjamin shrugs, "Uhm..I'm not sure..".

Damien looks over to Ms.Evans, sighing. Ms.Evans sits next to Benjamin, grabbing his hand, "Benny..he's trying, remember?"

Anthony looks over at his mom, "What did he do to Benjamin?"

Anna looks over, "He left them when he figured out he was gay. He..just-..the treatment was bad".

"What about Jade?"

Damien looks over and signals Anna over. Anna sighs at Anthony before getting up.

Benjamin wipes his tears and looks away. "I'm not trying to mean I just..you really hurt me. It's hard to be around you".

"I didn't mean to. I love you, Benjamin".

"Y-you made me hate myself..you told me if I didn't leave the house that you'd leave mom. I felt like I broke up your marriage".

Damien tears up at that and looks away. "I didn't mean it", he says with a voice crack.

Benjamin wipes his tears again and licks his lips. "Can I think about it?" 

"Yeah..yeah of course".

Benjamin turns to his mom, "May I be excused?"

Ms.Evans nods and mouths 'we'll talk later'. Benjamin nods and turns to Anthony and Jade. "It was nice meeting you guys".

Benjamin walks upstairs to his room and sits on his bed grabbing his phone. He goes to his contact list and calls Noah.

**

Noah catches his breath, putting his weights down. He was in his garage with his dad and they were working out.

"Lower body tomorrow?"

"Oh. Let me check".

Noah grabs a water bottle chugging it empty. He grabs the weights, putting them back where they belong.

Mateo opens the garage door that was connected to the house. "Here Noah. Your phone is ringing".

Noah walks over, "Thank you. . . Hello?"

Noah's dad walks over, "Lower body", before walking into the house. Noah sits down on the bench, "Okay? You okay, now?"

Benjamin nods and then remembers Noah can't see him, "Yeah..it just...I don't know".

"It's okay, baby".

Benjamin furrows his eyebrows, "Why are you breathing so hard?"

Noah chuckles, "Oh. Just finished my workout for today. Had to get it in before dinner".

"Oo. Send me a pic".

Noah shakes his head, "Nah. That's only for my private snapchat".

Benjamin giggles, "Oh really? Maybe I'll just have to add you".

Once Noah was showered and fresh, he walks downstairs shirtless, a towel drying his curls.

"Aye, dad. I needa go get a shape up, do you see my hairline?"

"Hm. Mijo your hair grows faster than money comes in our bank account. I call barber".

"Thanks pop".

Noah sits down next to Mateo. "Oh, also. Can I see that box of old clothes?"

"Why? They don't fit you?"

"My Friend Elly need some clothes. She doesn't like feminine clothes but her mom is-".

"Oh! She's the one that came over after your game?"

"Mhm".

"Okay. Bring her over and we can go through it".

**