Chapter 13

THANK YOU FOR 1K
Hope you like it!

"Wait, wait, wait. You put a chip in his ear?" Ashton asked, trying to keep up with Roy. 

Roy was talking to a man who works at the base in the ICT. The man nodded. Roy turned back to him. "Actually it's in his neck. But I did," he answered. "I totally forgot about it. But I need the papers of the chip so I can get the code to track him down." He paused. "They must be at home. Maybe I hid them in his room. Or in our room. Or under the floor. Or-" Roy's eyes widened. "We have to go again!" He looked at his watch. " It's 12 AM already. Fuck!" He rubbed his eyes.

"Do you know where you hid it?" Roy glanced at him.

"I'm 100 percent sure that it's in our backyard," he replied. "But the thing about our backyard is..."

At home

"IT'S FUCKING HUGE!" Ashton screamed. 

Roy shushed him and hit his head. "You know it's late as fuck right? People are trying to sleep," he scolded. "Unlike you, we have neighbors." Roy studied his backyard. "Okay. I'll be starting at dawn. Are you helping or not?" 

Ashton glanced at him. "Of course I'm helping."

"Good. Grab the shoves in the garage and prepare yourself mentally and physically," Roy told him.

Ashton frowned. "Why should I?"

Roy slapped his shoulder. "You'll know after a few days." 

4 days later

It was 1 in the morning and Skylar was watching TV. He couldn't fall asleep and he lazily zapped through the channels. 

"Local news. A man fought an alligator at the train station. He-"

"Boring," Skylar said and zapped to another channel.

"Hey Patrick, I thought of something funnier than-"

"Meh, I'll watch that later." He put on another channel.

"My name is Barry Allen and I am the fastest man ali-"

"Yawn." Skylar changed the channel again.

"The popular manga, Samurai Legacy, is getting an anime adaptation. The story is about a boy who-"

"Parker would like that news," Skylar muttered as he zapped through the channels.

"So we still don't know what the real name of the streamer is. They go by the name Ruby," an announcer said. "We don't know a lot of them, but we do know that they're too op for-"

"Eh, wasn't that boring, to be honest." He got off his bed and went out of the room. By the door, Skylar glanced around to see that no one's awake. Without making a noise, he ran to the kitchen. When he opened the door, the lights turned on again. Skylar jumped a little. He rummaged through the kitchen cabinet and grabbed a bag of chips. He opened the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water. After he got his things, he closed the door back and quietly ran back to his room.

"But do you think that they'll ever show his face to the public?" The announcer asked another man.

The man shrugged. "I can't answer that. Only if they're down for it. There's also a chance that we'll never see it because of personal reasons. Or they're not in the mood to get recognized by people. Maybe it's because-"

Skylar sighed and changed the channel back to the news channel. "This place is so boring. There isn't anything to do." Skylar continued watching TV and without him knowing, he fell asleep.