Chapter 19: Long Live The King! Mourn The Queen!

F I R S T   A R C : B E G I N! [ Opening: Wonderful World by FUNKIST ] 

Special OST: Unjust Life 

__________________________

 Chapter 19: Long Live The King! Mourn The Queen! 

___ ___ ____ _____ ____ _____ ____

Mitsa places her precious sword upon her small bed and sighs. How can a man easily break a well crafted sword? She kicks the edge of her wooden bed frame and lays back disgruntled. 

"Mitsa, the King has requested your prescence."

She jumps up, surprised by the sudden guard but stands up swiftly to scurry to the King's bed chamber. She opens to door slowly to find the King lying in his bed. His face is pale and his eyes are carressed with deep bags. Three of his best medical advisors stand around unsure of what to do now that the King's health had suddenly decreased. Mitsa walks over to them and whispers:

"How is he?"

One of them shakes their head in dismay and sighs. Mitsa takes a deep breath and walks over to the King. 

"Good evening, Sir," Mitsa says quietly.

He opens his eyes slowly, taking in Mitsa's face for a moment. 

"Twelve years ago on this exact day, my beloved wife died. Now i'm gravely ill on the same day. Is my family cursed?"

The King laughs quietly beneath his breath, coughing as he does. 

"Sir...," Mitsa says, tears gathering in her eyes, she hugs the King gently.

"My dear, don't worry about me so much. No need to cry over this old man."

"But you're the only father I ever really had. Please don't die."

"Death works in mysterious ways. I just hope that Keys never has to suffer like this. I just want him to live happily with good fortune. Not trapped in this Kingdom until the walls close in on you and seem to whisper your regrets. You know i've never had a good night's sleep since the day Alarice died? I'm such a foolish man."

"No you're not, Sir! You're a great King!"

"To who? My own son hates me. My wife is probably scorning me from the heavens, knowing that I will go to hell for my past mistakes. Alarice, i'm sorry..."

The King's eyes leaked tears that dripped down his wrinkled face slowly. 

"I didn't mean to kill all of those people, my dear Alarice."

Mitsa becomes quiet because she knows that the king is no longer talking to her, but rambling to his own thoughts. He coughs again, worse than before and splutters a bit of crimson blood onto his bed sheet. He grabs the blonde girls hand and slides a thin, silver key into her palm.

"In my study, Mitsa," he whispers, "In my study, there are things I've written for my son. Give them to him. And I want you... I want you to tell Keys...tell Keys everything."

She nods, sobbing lightly now as the King slowly closes his eyes and his chest rises up and down gently but shuddering. The three medical advisers escort the girl out, telling her to not stress him any further. Mitsa stands outside the door for a moment, crying before slipping off towards the King's office.