chapter 29

wooyoung san

the three of them sat together in another awkward silence, san picking at his food uninterestedly while jongho gobbled relentlessly and wooyoung slowly raised a fork full of unfamiliar textures to his mouth suspiciously.

he had no appetite, now even less so. partially due to his previous anxieties he had been unable to eat, but now he couldn't shake the underlying feeling of disgust with himself and his actions, causing him to recoil in his seat.

he had tried so hard to not let wooyoung get to him, because he knew he shouldn't. deep down, part of him was fighting against his growing feelings for the other, reminding him of the crappy things wooyoung had done to him in the past.

but here he was, succumbing to his touch once more and forgetting the shorter ever laid a harmful finger on him.

so he could not help but hate himself for crawling back to wooyoung so stupidly easily. i really am pathetic.

"so," his brother began in the middle of chewing, food spewing unpleasantly. "i take it the dinner didn't go well."

san began to nod his head in agreement, but wooyoung chose to open his mouth in denial. "in my opinion, it went spectacularly. san was amazingly brave and shit."

he raised an eyebrow at the lilac haired younger, looking at him for the first time since jongho intruded on them. "your idea of spectacular is a little different from mine. but sure, if my step dad attempting to save you from the ailment he sees as homosexuality floats your boat, not my problem."

"yikes." jongho whistled, only to shove another load of food into his face.

"that sucked, but the other bits outweighed it into merely a minor drawback." he continued suggestively, and san focused on the untouched food on his plate again, heat rising to his cheeks.

"you may have scarred dad for life." jongho agreed, swallowing down his latest mouthful. "sorry that he can be a little bit of an asshole, man."

wooyoung shrugged, patting the darker haired boy's wrist like 'no worries bro'.

it was weird seeing the two interacting again. san had forgotten that his brother and sort-of-boyfriend were good friends before he had even met wooyoung. another thing jongho had been first in.

"we should be getting back to campus." san announced half -heartedly, not looking forward to being alone with wooyoung again.

"yeah." the other agreed simply, getting to his feet after setting his fork down with a clatter. "the same car?"

nodding in confirmation, san shoved his hands into his pockets, walking speedily away from the two boys out of the dining room and towards the door. he literally couldn't wait to be out of this house.

without checking to see if wooyoung was following, he twisted the doorknob hastily and stepping outside, letting out a long breath and letting his shoulders relax.

while he stood collecting himself, the other boy strolled out and stopped next to him, not saying anything but stealing a quick glance at his tired face, dark lashes resting on his cheeks when his eyes fluttered closed.

when san opened them again, coming to his senses and realizing that wooyoung was within touching distance, he flinched instinctively and stepped around him nimbly, opening the car door and packing himself into the sleek backseat.

the confused shorter male made his way to the other door, getting into the car more slowly and shooting san a questioning look which he pointedly ignored.