Chapter 29: The Aftermath

***And here's the next chapter. Enjoy!! Wrote this while watching Infinity War and then Thor: Ragnarok. Totally tortured myself but I enjoyed***

Silence echoed across the street as the groups stared at each other. My hitching breaths were the only thing that broke the deafening silence before Tony spoke.

"Let the girl go, and no one else needs to get hurt.' I had never heard his voice so cold before. I feel the man holding me laugh.

"Oh, no. I think I'll hold onto the pretty little lady while we have a civilised conversation of me getting what I want from you." His grip on my hair tightens, making a small yelp of pain escape my lips.

A low growl comes from Bucky as his grip tightens around the gun in his hand. Tony raise a hand to keep Bucky in place.

"It's hardly a civilised conversation when one is holding a knife to the throat of a child!" growls Tony, the eyes of the Ironman suit flashing.

"That is true. But, I just need to hold on to the little lady as insurance of getting out of this conversation alive. After all, you have taken down almost all of my men," His grip on my hair lessens a bit as he takes the blade away from my throat to gesture to the fallen men. I take the chance to look at Steve, Bucky and Tony. They were all keeping their eyes fixated on the man in black. Then I see Bucky glance at me, he gives me a small nod trying to reassure me. I take a choking breath before the bite of the cold blade is back against my throat. I whimper quietly, but the man hears it as his grip tightens once more. Pain radiating through my head, making me cry out again.

Tony takes a step forward.

"Ah, that's far enough Stark. Any closer and the girl gets it." The man threatens, the blade harder against my throat. Tony stops in his tracks and raises his gauntlet.

"What is it you want? Tell us and let the girl go!"

"All I want is for the good Captain to come with me. Without putting up a fight that is. And while I have you here, so money wouldn't hurt either. And I happen to know that you have a lot of that Mr Stark."

Steve stands up straight and walks up beside Tony.

"I go with you, and you let the girl go?" He asks.

I try to shake my head to stop him. I wasn't worth it.

"Well, I might just bring the girl along. She seems to be good insurance, after all."

Steve shakes his head. "No. I go with you, but the girl stays here. I will come without a fight, but the girl is let go."

As this goes on, I see Bucky look at Tony before looking at me with a nod. Tony must have whispered something to him. I keep my eyes on Bucky as he discreetly points at me and then puts a hand over his eyes.

With a shaking breathe, I just stare at him. I didn't understand what he was saying. He does it again and mouths "Shut your eyes."

Looking at Tony, he nods with his gauntlet still up and trained on the man. With another shaking breathe, I close my eyes and focus on breathing. I trust them to get all of us out of this situation, but I didn't want any unnecessary deals to be made because of me.

"The girl is coming with us. The only way she stays is if she becomes nicely acquainted with the blade of my knife." I squeeze my eyes tightly shut at those words as tears begin to run rivers down my cheeks.

"No!" I hear Steve yell. "It won't need to come to that."

"No. It won't come to that at all," I hear Tony growl before a whirl, click and a sound of something slicing through the air. The man holding me lets out a shout of pain as his grip loosens on my and I hear a thump behind me.