Chapter 53

Chapter 53

◀◀ NEW YORK SPECIAL: THREE ▶▶

The rehearsal finished earlier than expected and Jiyasha enjoyed it thoroughly. Emily was crippling on her limbs yet she managed to perform her beats. Later when Jiyasha joined them for the lunch, Emily was breathing hard and her knees were aching.

"Emily, you should not pressurize much. It might affect you very badly due to more complications," Jiyasha scolded her.

"Please Jazz, don't speak my brother's words. I'm alright and I will perform in the event," Emily said biting on a piece of sandwich.

Jiyasha was seated on the opposite chair to Manish and she continued staring at him. He felt awkward, nostalgic and strange with her behavior. The other boys and girls were having fun during the break while Jiyasha's behavior kept him inattentive to their gossip.

"So guys, what are we supposed to do tonight? Isn't it the turn to Manish's house?" Ivy asked and Emily nodded.

"Yes according to our band's rule for rehearsal and practice, we spend nights turn by turn in one another's house. So it's definitely Mr. Heartthrob's house tonight," Emily approved.

"We all know that but will your bodyguard be coming over as well?" Manish taunted seeing Jiyasha's eyes fixed on him.

"Are you asking about Jazz? She may join us if she likes," Emily gestured Jiyasha for an answer.

Jiyasha smiled. "Emily, I am supposed to join you. John has specially told me not to leave you alone otherwise you will continue dancing without any control."

Everybody laughed including Manish. This was the first time after Aryan's death when Jiyasha had spoken like the old carefree girl in her.

Ryder took the cue and interrupted, "Emily, you asked me to leave the guest alone but the guest is herself not leaving you alone at all!"

Emily punched him in his stomach and he jumped off his chair. The whole group began giggling and enjoying the fun whereas Jiyasha was awaiting impatiently to meet Manish in his house this time.

**** 

Emily and Jiyasha drove to Manish's house while the other people were supposed to meet them directly outside his home. It was half past eleven of the night when they reached his house and were greeted by a young boy similar to Jiyasha's age at the entrance.

"You guys have bumped again late night!" the boy teased while Ivy pushed him.

"Now you move aside Mr. Rag. We are here to meet your elder brother." Emily ordered and the boy's facial expressions changed.

"Oh please, stop calling me rag, my name is Raghav, only Raghav! Big brother is in his music room." The boy expressed his annoyance and moved aside. The group made their way inside while Jiyasha didn't move. She was observing the boy carefully who had called himself to be Manish's brother.

It wasn't late either and Raghav had also noticed Jiyasha. He uttered, "If you don't mind, are you new in their gang?"

"No I'm only a guest at Emily's house." Jiyasha frowned.

Raghav moved near Jiyasha and spoke softly, "You don't look like you are from New York but you look cute."

"I'm from India. Didn't your brother tell you?"

"Who? Manish! He didn't mention any visitor as beautiful as you coming from India. What's your name by the way and what do you do?"

"Jiyasha, I'm a cardiologist by profession."