- 23 -

CHAPTER 23

"Adrien!"

He turned around, the smile on his face slowly disappearing as she stood afar.

Y/n stood there, a light smile on her face. Adrien wanted nothing more than to be the cause of that smile.

But she didn't love him.

He was just a friend.

And even though she didn't know he knew that and his mood was obviously a bit off, he put on a smile. They both knew how to lie for love.

"Hey Y/n, what's up?" He asked, lifting his fake smile. She walked towards him and planted her feet before looking up at him from the ground.

"Can we talk? After school, not now. Are you busy?" She asked him, tilting her head slightly to the side. Adrien sighed.

"I have a modeling thing, i'm sorry. Maybe we can talk over the phone after? It'll be late by the time I'm done with the photo shoot." He suggested.

Y/n nodded. "Sure, that sounds good. Thank you." She said, waving before she walked off and into the school.

And as he watched her, he realized he shouldn't be upset. He should be happy.

Chat Noir was always the more energetic side of Adrien. It was a chance to become himself. To develop and let his true self show.

Chat Noir was Adrien. But he was Adrien in a real way. Not a gelled up blonde, who modeled for his father.

He was real, and his heart pounded at the fact that Y/n liked the real him.

And he liked her.

Adrien sighed to himself before walking into the school and into his class. He spotted Nino, sitting next to Alya. He spotted Nathaniel next to Y/n.

She laughed at something he said, Adrien felt hurt. Jealously was getting the better of him. First he was jealous of himself and now Nathaniel? It didnt seem right.

Adrien rolled his eyes towards no one in particular and took his seat. Before class started, he dozed off in thought.

If Y/n was going to tell him something, he knew what it was. He didn't want to make it obvious that he knew. But half of him needed her to know.

He chose to ignore it.

✰ ✰ ✰

The school bell rang and Adrien made his way out of the school. He was tired. His eyes slowly closed as he sat in the car.

He had to stay awake. For both the photoshoot and for after it.

He quickly arrived at the park for the shoot and prepared. He hated doing this. His biggest desire was to just leave it. He didn't want to be a model, he knew he was good looking but he didn't want this.

He just wanted to be a normal guy with a normal house, and a normal family. A normal girlfriend. No superhero suits. Superpowers, any of that.

He didn't ask for it.

He quickly got the photo shoot over with and went home, deciding he would call Marinette while getting ready for bed.

"Brace yourself, Adrien."