15 | The Crisis on Naboo

The stars streaked blue by the large windows of the massive republic star-cruiser as it catapulted across the galaxy to the lush planet of Naboo

The stars streaked blue by the large windows of the massive republic star-cruiser as it catapulted across the galaxy to the lush planet of Naboo. Clone troopers who operated the vessel sat below in the dug outs, conversing calculations and having casual discussions. All who were present in the control room acted as if the silent Jedi standing by the glass wasn't as noticeable as she actually was. Her arms were crossed at her chest, with her green eyes closed.

The only clone who wasn't too timid to approach her was Captain Rex. He came through the sliding doors, making his way towards her with ease "Arriving in Naboo's orbit in 20, General" he informed, his helmet resting at his hip with his arm slung over to hold it in place.

"Have the gun ship ready, I want to depart the moment we're there"

"Already on it, General. The gun ship is waiting for you, General Skywalker, General Kenobi, and Commander Tano as we speak" he nodded.

"I'm not sure why I even bother to ask you to do things for me anymore, Captain" she uncrossed her arms and rested them at her hips "You've already done it by the time I ask"

"Consider it apart of my training, sir"

"No, I think you just know me too well" she motioned for him to follow her, and they both walked back through the sliding doors that lead to the room beyond the control room "We'll need to be cautious. This disease is extremely toxic and contagious, so I've been informed. Keep your helmets on no matter what" she tapped her fingernail against the blue paint marking of his clone helmet.

"What about you, sir? And the other Generals? If we come in contact with the virus. What's to stop it from affecting you?"

"Let's just hope we don't come in contact with it, we'll be alright" she told him reassuringly, but added "probably" as they entered the room with the two other Jedi Generals and Commander Tano.

A holographic map of the planet Naboo was displayed on the table. Anakin paced restlessly from one wall of the room to the other, his eyebrows furrowed together. Dakota noted how he had been acting like this since the news broke that Senator Amidala had disappeared on the planet. She watched him for a brief second before speaking to Obi-Wan "He's um, anxious" she said under her breath to her friend.

"I'm aware"

"I understand it, I guess. But pacing won't get her back any quicker"

Anakin heard that. He whipped around to Dakota "Excuse me for caring about a massive outbreak of a deadly plague and the life of a Republic Senator!" he fired back.