Chapter 7

By now at least a week had passed and nothing had happened. The scientists continued to look into any past sightings that could prove useful although it was of little use. Each report  described the two's behavior as nearly identical to how they behaved now. 049 still went through the daily motions. 035 continued to recite plays.

It seemed that nothing had changed, that perhaps they simply brushed off their encounter. It was possible think that 049 thought it a waist of time when he could have been working. Maybe 035 now thought of 049 as dull and of little use to him. Truth be told the two couldn't stop thinking of each other, but they knew what might happen if that let on to that fact. They'd just have to wait until next breach to see each other.

Luckily they wouldn't have to wait long.

The scientists stopped taking notes. The guards stopped patrolling. The D-Class lost their focus on the experiments. The alarm had sounded. Red lights began to flash, an announcement gave the usual warnings. 'All object classes have breached containment, go to the nearest shelter'.

The guards left along with the scientists they were escorting out. Soon the halls were filled with wandering D-Class and scps. Both trying to escape the foundation's clutches.

035 was lucky enough to have some tests happening nearby when the breach started so within 15 minutes he was set with a host. As soon as he got out of his cell he began running towards 049's cell. In this moment the mask was in glad that he couldn't feel what his host would've felt because his legs surely would have been burning due to how fast he'd bolted down the halls.

The Doctor seemed to have had the same idea as he wandered through the halls in search of his companion. He wasn't nearly in as much of a rush to find the other but there was a notable briskness in his steps. Once they'd found each other they began strolling together much like last breach.

"I still think we should try to escape," the mask hummed," I mean what's the worst that could happen?"

The Doctor beside him let out a sigh, a sharp glare made it clear he wasn't keen on the idea. "We very well could lose our lives, you should be well aware of that. From what you've told me you don't have anything to lose when it comes to your containment but the foundation could further prevent me from perfecting my cure."

035 knew he'd made a mistake by asking what could go wrong but it was to late to take it back. It wasn't like he was complaining anyways, it would get the Doctor talking after all, besides his rant might give the mask some new ideas.

"The Foundation is so heavily guarded that no one's escaped before and if they did it wasn't for very long. You've mentioned all your previous attempts and plans and yet here you are, still being held in containment. Something that clearly doesn't suit you. Besides if we did manage to escape where would we even go? There's no doubt that the foundation would be hot on our heels the moment we left site grounds."

All right he did have a point there, they truly didn't have a place to go. No matter, they could either escape and figure it out later or be trapped here for god knows how long.

"Yeah, sure we don't have anywhere to go but are you really willing to give up our chance at freedom because of that?" 035 waved his hands to emphasize his point.

"They might let you experiment but they won't even give you human test subjects, hell the ones they do give you are already dead!"

The mask could see the Doctor consider what he'd just said. There was a look in his eyes he knew all to well, it was the same look he'd give whenever 035 had struck a cord.

After a long moment 049 raised his head and turned to 035. "Alright then let's see what we can do," his voice held an excitement and glee that made 035's heart jump with joy. 035 regained his composure as quickly as he could and cleared his throat.

"Perfect, and I think I know just how to do it!"