episode 15: mood

💎

"What the hell are you doing here, hyung?!" Jungkook blurted out as soon as they got out of the backdoor.

"No 'I missed you hyung' or, 'how have you been for the past years, hyung'?" the guy asked tauntingly. "Wow, I expected more from you since we're brothers."

"You were hardly a brother to me," he spat. "Now answer the question, Jinyoung. Why are you here?"

"Uh, working?" He answered. "Of course after getting freed I'd look for a job. I have to feed myself somehow, JK. It was just a coincidence that I happen to find that job here."

"It's never a coincidence when it comes with you, hyung," he accused. "I did my part as your brother and helped Jisoo noona gain the cash. Now that you're free, I want nothing to do with you anymore."

"I know, Kook," the guys say and patted his shoulder which he dodge immediately. "I'm just here to keep a close eye on you before I leave."

Jungkook's forehead creased in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

Jinyoung sighed.

"I love Jisoo. You know that right?" He nodded. "And being captured by those goons made me realize, I don't want this kind of life for us. Especially Jisoo. What they did to me... I don't want that to happen to Jisoo one day. So I wan't to stop this kind of criminal life and start a normal one with her. A simple house by the countryside and finally start a family of our own."

This made Jungkook expression soften.

"So I only need a last heist—enough to buy us a house in the countryside and we're done," he continued. "One last con and it's all over. And since you're both already in YK Group, it'll be easy to get at least 500 million from them—"

"No!" Jungkook blurted out. "That's what got us in this situation in the first place, hyung. It needs to stop and that's right now. No more heists. You can't involve me into this—"

"But you're already married to Lalisa Kim," he said on a serious tone. "And hearing that is was an out of the blue thing, I'm pretty sure she didn't have enough time to whip up some pre-nuptial agreement."

Jungkook clenched his fists.

"I said it before, I don't want in on this—"

Jinyoung's innocent smile turned into a devious smirk. A quality the Jeon brothers have in common.

"But you're already in, dear brother," he said with his hands inside his pocket. "You don't want anything bad happening to your precious wife now, would you?"

Jungkook grabbed his brother by the collar.

"You wouldn't dare!"

"But I will, baby bro," he said taunting him more. "And you know very well I don't joke around when it comes to business."

Furious, Jungkook pushed him. He was right. When in a con, he's 100% serious. And as he always said to him before, it's all or nothing.

"So what do you say, JK? Just like old times?"

"Go fuck yourself."