II. A New Beginning

Alright, so I couldn't help but get too excited so I decided to continue on with the next chapter. This one is a bit long, because apparently my fingers couldn't stop. Haha, it should be a treat for all you, avid readers! Enjoy! ^_^

It is the first day of school and basically the beginning of my professional educational life, or so they said. Okay, so I haven't been entirely open to the idea of needing a piece of paper to prove my intellectual capabilities, but who am I to go against the entire educational department? So I guess I'll just suck it up and go. Studying is really not my forte, because I rather drink beer and party. But hey, in case I get bored out of my mind, I'm in college now and I can always find ways to entertain myself, and if not, then Ruby can definitely help me with that.

Emma was lost in her own world. A young woman her age jumped in front of her. A big grin displayed perfect pearly whites across her face. "Hey bestie! Glad to see you decided to have the Dept. Ed. dictate your life for a whole four years!"

"Hah... hah, so funny Rubes," Emma said mockingly.

Her "bestie" friend, Ruby wa always cheerful behind that gorgeous and seductive face that could launch a thousand ships. Even though she's very attractive, and many men including women lined up to date her, she always managed to stay true to her cheery disposition and strong conviction.

Emma pulled a hair tie out from her back pocket and put her beautiful blonde tresses into a ponytail. "Okay, so what now? By the way, have you seen Bells?"

Ruby also pulled out something from her front pocket. She took out lip-gloss with a tinge of pink and put it on her lips. "No I didn't get to meet up with her yesterday, but apparently she did say she'd gone shopping with her beau," Ruby said and smacked her lips after the last word.

"Beau? Like seriously?" Emma's forehead crinkled as one eyebrow lifted. "You need to stop saying that Rubes."

"Hey, I know you're not the greatest fan of Mr. Gold, but he did help us with our tuition." Ruby nudged Emma's side with her elbow partnering the gesture with a cheeky grin.

"Rubes, just because that man helped us with our tuition, mind you we're still paying him back off five percent, doesn't mean that we should be happy for her that she's with him. Not trying to be against Belle's happiness or anything, but he seems too serious for her. Not to mention, he gives me the creeps."

"Okay, the serious part I get, but the giving you the creeps part... That might be uncanny, but could be disagreeable," Ruby admitted as she twirled one of her red dyed locks. "I don't think he's creepy at all. Actually, I think he's a catch."

Ruby kept going on and on about how Mr. Gold was such a prize and Emma started to feel this strange dizzying effect. "Oh, Rubes you need to stop. I don't think my body can handle anymore of this making-me-sick-to-my-stomach source of info. I pass." Emma began to walk away from her friend. She waved her off behind her and made her way towards the registration booth to sign up for classes.

"Oh, come on," Ruby sighed. She caught up to Emma. "I was just messing with you. Of course I don't think he's the type of guy I'd date, but I wouldn't mind 'cause he's got enough money to support me a lifetime plus the benefits!" Ruby guffawed. She stared up at the trees filled with green. "All I gotta do is find out how to prolong my life. Hahahaha!"

"That is so messed up Rubes. Don't tell me you think Bells is a gold digger now."

"I bet Belle's a natural prospector in that sorts!" Ruby started cackling, or it might have been laughing. Emma couldn't tell, because it sounded like she was choking on something rather than the sound of laughter. "Oh my god, that's so funny!" Ruby looked back at Emma as if expecting to see her act in the same manner. "Oh Ems, don't tell me you don't get the joke." Emma didn't get the joke. "Prospector...? Equals you know, gold digger...? Gold digger equals Mr. Gold...? Oh come on Ems. Bells is prospecting for gold?"