Peaches & Slaps

I was minding my own business, taking my chemistry book out of my locker with a hum when someone tapped on my shoulder.

It was Gigi.

Oh lord.

She gave me a sickly sweet smile, "Hi Penelope, can I talk to you for a minute?"

I slowly shut my locker, biting my bottom lip to keep from yelling murderer out loud.

"Um...sure."

She looked around the hall, "Alone."

I gave her a dull look. I was always alone in this stupid school unless my friend Jolene showed up.

She motioned for me to follow her and I did because I did not wanna have her spray paint me as well. Yes, I was accusing her of terrifying me that night.

We went to the back of the school for some reason and she suddenly stopped, turning around to face me. I almost bumped into her but I stopped just in time.

"You ruined my relationship with Hudson," she accused immediately, her nose flaring.

I blinked. They had a relationship?

"Uh, I swear it was the cricket's fault not mine," I defended quickly, blaming the cricket.

"The cricket's fault?!" She screeched, tugging at her hair in frustration.

"I'm talking about before! He broke up with me because of you you bitch," she seethed, stepping closer to me. I blinked, totally not getting what she was saying.

Then I gasped.

"You guys were a couple?" I asked in shock.

Now that I really, really, think about it I think I remember Hudson breaking up with her because of something about a few years back. The breakup actually caused her to move schools before coming back here again.

And people thought I was dramatic.

Haha!

Tears started streaming down her cheeks making my lips part in even more shock. Why was she crying? "You- you ruined everything! I loved him! I still do and- and now he doesn't even look at me," she cried, her eyes becoming red.

"Uh..."

Wow Penelope. You're great at this.

"Uh, I kinda forgot you guys were a couple...?" I more like asked. She slapped me hard across the cheek making me flinch. I covered my mouth in shock, my eyes widening as she stared at me angrily.

"Ow! That hurt!" I cried, taking a step away from her. What a psychopath.

Her eyes widened as well like she couldn't believe she just did that to me. She looked down at the palm of her hands and then sobbed, her knees giving out from underneath her.

Oh god, this girl was a mess.

"Are you okay?" I asked with furrowed brows and slight concern.

She just wailed and I took that as my cue to leave.

"Maybe spray painting fuck you bitch in Chinese wasn't good enough," she sobbed.

My jaw dropped.

I knew it was her!

Oh well.

I turned and went back to the school building, my mind going back to what she said. Why was she getting revenge on me after staying silent for awhile? Maybe that moment with Hudson a few days ago triggered her memory.