Podrick Payne X Reader - Your Song

A/N- This imagine is based on 'Your Song' by Elton John, because it gives me all the feels. Also, I went and saw Rocketman the other day and now my entire life is a little Elton-obsessed. It's very short, but I hope you all enjoy it.

It was rare that you got a full nights sleep anymore, what with Podrick snoring beside you, and the baby waking every few hours crying to be fed, or changed, or just to be soothed in some way. You had missed the rest at the beginning, missed being able to sleep until the sun roused you. But now you wouldn't have it any other way. 

"Shhh, Darling," you hummed to your son, running your finger over his cheek as you leant down over his cot, soothing his crying. You had grown used to the routine by now, lifting him up into your arms and carrying him over to the rocking chair on the other side of the room. The movement would often send him to sleep as he fed, making the transfer back to bed that little bit easier. 

You lifted your eyes from the baby when you heard your husband grumble, sitting himself up, his hair poking out at strange angles. Even the smallest things he did still caused your heart to race, even when he looked like a disgruntled child being woken from their nap. "What are you doing up?" 

"It was time for his feed," you answered as softly as possible, watching as he climbed out of bed, coming over and pressing a kiss to your forehead. He smiled down at his son, his fingers lingering on your shoulder for a moment. 

"You have no idea how much I love you," he muttered, causing you to chuckle slightly. 

You leant back, smiling up at him as you continued to rock. "Oh, I do. You tell me every night before we go to bed and every morning when you wake."

"And I still don't say it enough," he grumbled, gesturing for you to stand up. You did as you were told, watching as he sat in your chair, patting his lap for you to sit back down. "Somehow, seeing our son has only made me love you more," he added, burying his face into your hair to press a kiss to the side of your head.

You shifted, pressing your one free hand to his cheek and drawing him into a proper kiss. "I love you too, my sweet fool," you chuckled, "there is nobody I would rather be on this journey with."

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x