1.0

ØØØØØØ

ØØØØØØ

"WE HAVE TO PROTECT IT" Natasha spoke firmly, crossing her arms and leaning against the table.

"No. We have to destroy it" Vision replied, clutching his wound on the side of his body. "I've been giving a lot of thought to this entity in my head...about its nature but also its composition".

Amber thought for a second as she wracked her brain. "So if it were exposed to a sufficiently powerful energy, something very similar to its own signature...its molecular integrity could fail." The girl spoke up.

Everyone looked at the girl in surprise, but Amber merely shrugged,"What? I took A-Level Physics."

"You're saying the molecular integrity would fail but so could you. We're not having this conversation" Wanda said softly.

"Eliminating the stone is the only way to be certain that Thanos can't get it" Vision murmured.

"That's too high a price" Wanda's voice cracked as Vision ran a hand through her hair, to try calm the older girl.

"Only you and Amber have the power to pay it, and since Amber... doesn't have her powers anymore... you have to do it" Vision replies, his voice a mere octave from a whisper.

Wanda broke her gaze with the bot, and walked towards the windows to their left, her head hung low and her mind racing.

"Thanos threatens half the universe. One life cannot stand in the way of defeating him" Vision told the group.

"But it should" Steve spoke up, letting out a small sigh, "We don't trade lives Vision".

"Captain, seventy years ago you lay down your life to save how many millions of people? Tell me how this is any different?" Vision said, turning towards the man.

"Because, you might have a choice" Bruce faltered before continuing, "Your mind is made up of a complex construct of overlays, Jarvis, Ultron, Tony, Me, the stone. All of them mixed together, all of them learning from one another".

"You're saying Vision isn't just the stone?" Wanda inquired, her hands inside of her back pockets.

"I'm saying that if we take out the stone. There's still a whole lot of Vision left, perhaps the best parts" Bruce affirmed.

"Can we do that?" Natasha appealed.

"Not me" Bruce replies, shaking his head, "Not here".