Katerina

We knock on the Salvatore's door and Damon answers it.
"Hello, Elena. Phoebe." He greets us.
"Hi." I whisper with a small smile.
"Stefan here? He called, said it was important." She asks him.
"Right this way." He opens the door a little more, and we walk in.
"Hey." Stefan says walking up to us with Hunter.
"What is this about?" Elena asks him and they move out of the way to show the women who kidnapped us, Rose.
"You." She says staring at her. We all move to the living room to talk further.
"Okay, you have to understand. I only know what I've picked up over the years. And I don't know what's true and what's not true. That's the problem with all this vampire crap. But Klaus, I know is real." Rose tells us.
    "Who is he?" Elena asks.
    "One of the originals. He's a legend." Damon tells us.
    "From the first generation of vampires." Stefan explains.
    "Wow, they must be pretty old." I say and they all stare at me. "Sorry." I whisper.
    "Like Elijah?" Elena asks.
    "No. Elijah was the easter bunny compared to Klaus. He's a foot soldier. Klaus is the real deal."  Rose tells us.
    "Klaus is known to be the oldest."
   "Ok, so you're saying that the oldest vampire in the history of time is coming after me?" Elena asks them.
    "No."
    "Yes." Rose and Stefan say at the same time and then Damon steps in.
    "What they're saying is-- I mean, if what she's saying is true..."
    "Which it is."
   "And you're not just saying it so we don't kill you..."
   "Which I'm not."
  "Then we're looking at a solid maybe."
  "Look, Elijah's dead, right? So no one else even knows that you exist." Stefan says trying to calm her.
  "Not that you know of."
  "That's not helping."
  "Look, I've never even met anyone whose laid eyes on him. I mean, we're talking centuries of truth mixed with fiction. I mean, we don't know what's real. For all we know, he could just be some sort of stupid bedtime story." Stefan tries.
   "He's real, and he doesn't give up. If he wants something, he gets it. And he wants them. If you're not afraid of Klaus, you're an idiot." Rose tells us.
  "All right, we're shaking. You've made your point." Damon says and Elena just stands up taking me with her as she walks away.
  "Where you going?" Stefan asks.
  "School. We're late." She tells him.
  "Let me, uh-- let me grab my stuff. I'll go with you." He tells us and Hunter goes to follow.
   "That's ok. I know where it is." She says and we walk away.

Instead of going to school like Elena said we were. We meet up with Caroline in the woods.
"Tell everyone we didn't feel well and we went home from school." Elena tells her.
"I can't believe I'm agreeing to this. I'm a terrible liar."
"And keep Stefan busy. I don't want him knowing what we're up to."
"I'm even worse at duplicity. And you know this."
"You managed to keep me occupied when Katherine paid Stefan a visit." Elena comments back and we approach these old ruins.
"Yeah, 'cause she threatened me. Not that i'm saying that you should use that as a tactic. It's-- Stefan's gonna see right through me."
"Caroline, as my friend do you promise or not." Elena stops her.
"You had to break out the girlfriend code. Ok. I promise." We start walking again. "Why don't you want Stefan to know?" Caroline asks.
"Because he would never be ok with me doing this." Elena tells her.
"Are you sure you want to do this?" Caroline asks as we go down into the tomb are.
   "Yes, I'm sure. She's the only one who knows the truth about Klaus, the only one who can tell me how to stop him." Elena tells her.
   "You're asking for the truth, from someone who's probably never given it. Are you sure about this?" Caroline asks again.
   "Yes. I can't just sit back and wait. I have to know Caroline." She says.
   "And I want answers of my own, too." I add in. Caroline goes over to the Tomb door and opens it.
   "Katherine." Elena calls into the tomb and then turns to Caroline. "We'll be okay from here." Elena says and someone starts to walk towards the door. I look over and look between her and Elena.
    "Freaky." I say and Caroline nods.
   "Hello, Elena. Come to watch me wither away? Goodbye, Caroline." She says to Caroline.
   "As long as we stay on this side if the door. She can't hurt us." Elena tells her and she walks away.
    "Stefan and Hunter know you two are here?" She asks. 
    "We brought you some things." Elena says going through her bag.
   "You came to bribe me? What is it that you want?" She asks us.
   "I want you to tell us about Klaus." Elena says throwing her some clothes.
   "Hmm. You've been busy."
   "I also brought you this. It's your family history. I've read it. It says in here that the family line ended with you. Obviously that's not true." Elena says.
   "You think that if you brought me some family keepsake, that I'd open up?" She asks in disbelief.
   "I also brought you this." Elena says holding up a bottle of blood and Katherine tries to run at us, being stopped by the tomb spell. I jump back in surprise. "You don't look so good. How long before your body shuts down? 10-20 years? Must be painful to desiccate and mummify. I can't even imagine." Elena says and Katherine sits down and we sit down with her. Elena gives her a little but of blood.
    "You have the Petrova fire." She tells Elena and drinks the blood. She passes back the cup.
    "It's a long story, Klaus and I, goes all the way back to England, 1492, after I left Bulgaria. Or was thrown out." She starts and takes some more blood.
   "Thrown out?" I ask her.
   "My family, your true ancestors... they disowned me. My indiscretions were not tolerated at that time. I had a baby out of wedlock. The shame." She explains with judgment in her voice.
   "It was kept a secret?" Elena asks.
   "Mhm. My baby was given away. I was banished to England and I had to learn to adjust. So I quickly became english. It was there and that I caught the eye of a nobleman named Klaus. I was taken with him at first, until I found out what he was, and what he wanted from me. And then I ran like hell."
   "So, what did Klaus want?" She asks.
  "Same thing he'll want from you. He wants to break the curse." Katherine tells her.
  "By sacrificing the Petrova doppelgänger."
  "He wanted to drain every single drop of blood from my body."
  "What does the Petrova bloodline have to do with Klaus?" Elena asks.
   "It's really tedious but.. the curse was bond by the sacrifice of Petrova blood. Witches are crafty with their spells. The doppelgänger was created as a way to be able to undo the spell. Once the doppelgänger reappeared, the curse can be broken."
   "So you ran, before he killed you?" Elena asks.
   "Something like that." She says and tells us how she seeked aide at the cabin from Rose and she said she was going to take her back.
   "Rose never ended up taking you back to Klaus, did she?"
   "No, but not because she had a change of heart." Katherine says and goes back into the story. She tried to stab herself but Rose gave her some blood. And when she was preoccupied with Trevor she hung herself, coming back as a vampire.
   "You killed yourself?" Elena asks surprised.
   "Klaus needed a human doppelgänger. As a vampire I was no longer any use to him." Katherine explains.
   "But it didn't work. You didn't really escape. You've been running from Klaus ever since." Elena says.
   "I underestimated his spirit for vengeance. But living out of a suitcase is better than dying so that you could have your blood spilled over some silly little rock. What's wrong? Afraid I'm right? You don't want to die? There's another way out." She says and cuts her wrist. "You better hurry. You're opportunity is going, going, going.. and gone. I made the other choice."
    "Rose and Trevor spent the last 500 years running because you used them. Trevor just got killed." Elena says.
   "Never thought he would have lasted that long." She says.
   "How can you not care?" I ask her. "They were people and you ruined their lives." I say to her.
   "I was looking out for myself. I will always look out for myself. If you're smart you'll do the same." She tells Elena.
   "So how much of your little story is true?" Elena asks her.
   "I have no reason to lie Elena. I have to reason to do anything but sit her and read and rot." Katherine tells us.
   "Ok, so you mean it's even partially true. That's the reason why you came back isn't it. Because you wanted to be the one to hand me over to Klaus." Elena says.
  "500 years on the run, I figured maybe he'd be willing to strike a deal."
  "So you got Mason Lockwood to find you the moonstone."
   "Right again."
   "What else is needed to break the curse?" Elena asks.
   "Mmm. Look who's getting smarter."
   "It's not just me or the stone is it?" Elena asks and I watch as she puts dots together. "Otherwise there would be no reason to trigger Tyler Lockwood's werewolf curse."
   "Witches and their spells, so many ingredients, so many people to sacrifice."
   "So you need a werewolf."
  "Believe it or not, their hard to come by."
"What else?" Elena asks.
"A witch to do the spell. Mine bailed, but Bonnie will do just fine, or even Jo."
  "What else?"
  "Vampire." I whisper, and Katherine nods. "Caroline." I add.
   "Could have been anyone, I suppose, But I like the poetry of Caroline."
   "So you were just gonna had us all over to be killed?" Elena asks.
   "Better you die than I." She tells us and walks back into her cave. Elena starts to pack up and that's when Stefan and Hunter show up.
   "Elena."
  "Stefan, what are you doing here?" Elena asks him.
  "I could ask you the same question." He tells her and Hunter comes over to me. Stefan and Elena start to argue and Katherine comes back out.
   "Come on, let's get out of here." Hunter tells me.
   "Not yet, I haven't asked my questions. I've been patient all day, now it's my turn." I say turn to Katherine. "You spent time with Klaus and Elijah, did you hear any talk about a girl named Naomi Deighton? She looked like this." I say and hold up the drawing to her. "Like me." I finish.
"I knew you looked familiar. Don't worry, they won't touch a hair on your pretty little head. You are just too important." She tells me.
"How? How do I look like her? How do they know her?" I ask her and she just walks back into the cave. "Katherine!" I yell and Hunter stops me from going inside.
"It's not worth it." He tells me.
"Yes, it is." I tell him, he drags me away and we starts to walk back through the woods and we don't say a word to each other until we get back to his house.
"Phoebe, why didn't you tell that your a doppelgänger too?" Hunter asks me.
"Because I wanted to get answers first. That's why Elijah wanted me too. Because I'm her. And she was somehow special to him, and I want to know why." I tell him and he pulls me into a hug and I hug him back.
"It's okay." He tells me and we go inside and we just relax. He puts on TV and we just lay in bed together. But I can't get what Katherine said out of my head. How am I important to them? I've never even met them.