36| Pizza or Calzone?

    NOAH had been ignoring me all week, and maybe that shouldn't have surprised me, but it did

NOAH had been ignoring me all week, and maybe that shouldn't have surprised me, but it did. I knew that he was mad at me, but was he really that mad?

It bothered me that I was so affected by the fact that Noah wasn't talking to me. He wasn't even texting me, and he could barely make eye contact with me in class or across the volleyball court. I actually felt... sad. And I hated admitting that, even if it was just to myself.

That was another bad thing about Noah ignoring me: I couldn't tell anyone about it or why it bothered me so much. Although, Gracie, Bianca, and Jeremy caught on pretty fast that something was up with me. Not being able to tell them was slowly driving me crazy. But Noah and I had agreed on keeping things a secret, and even though I was sure we weren't seeing each other anymore, I didn't want to disrespect what we agreed on.

It was sad to say, but I missed Noah.

Today was Saturday, also known as the first official day of state. Noah, as he said, was there on our bench taking stats of the game. It was hard to look over at him every so often and see him blatantly ignoring me. I couldn't even talk shit to him, which was a serious problem. I needed someone to talk shit to, but there was no one. Gracie never liked it when I talked shit to her, she liked to keep things positive. So there was a whole volcano inside of me filled with disses and mean things to say, but no one to say it to. I was expecting myself to just erupt at some point, but I had been doing a surprisingly good job of holding myself back all day.

We had played 2 matches today, thankfully, winning both of them. And tomorrow was the final day of state. And we were going to be playing against our rivals in the final game to win state. If we lost, I don't know what I would do at this point.

"Did good today ladies!" Sophie exclaimed, walking into the hotel room after having showered. She was using a towel to dry her hair as she spoke. "Tomorrow is the day."

"Better win," I mumbled.

"What crawled up your ass?" Sophie scoffed, sitting on the bed. "You went from being all nice to being all moody and shit."

"It's true," Gracie chimed in. "But Logan won't tell me anything. And if she won't tell me, she certainly won't tell anyone else."

I groaned. "Can we just drop it?"

If anything was true right now, it was that I did not want to talk about my problems with Gracie and Sophie. Let alone the entire volleyball team. That was probably the last thing I would ever want to do, if we're being real here.

I sighed and got up, starting to rummage through my suitcase for something to wear tonight. We were all getting ready for dinner, as everyone was going out tonight to this fancy restaurant. It was a tradition, as many things were when it came to the volleyball team. We would all go out to a fancy dinner the night before the big day, and then rest up right when we got back to the hotel. But it was like our last hoorah together before season ended. Which I was actually looking forward to at this point.