Review by Izzy: Half Life

Title: Half Life

Author: NaomiWrites01

Reviewer: IzzBizz747

Summary: 4/5

The summary is short and quick to read, but tells the reader what the book is about and what they need to know. The only thing I would say is maybe make it a little longer, and use a rhetorical question somewhere to add a little mystery and to encourage the reader to want to read it more. And leaving it as 'Find more about her in Half Life' seems a little like you've written it quickly, not bothering to finish the summary.

There are also a few grammatical errors here, although very small. For example, 'she has got world on her fingertips' should probably be 'she has the world at her finger tips' unless you meant it to be like that. 

But, overall, the summary is very good.

Grammar: 3/5

There aren't many grammatical errors, but the ones that are there are quite noticeable. For example, in chapter 2, where Ann and Dex were speaking about the ritual (cool idea by the way), in Ann's speech of "What year is it 1600?! Let me tell you it's 2019!!" There should be a comma after 'it is'. And the two exclamation marks at the end of 2019 make it seem like a child is writing it, more like a diary entry. 

Also, in chapter four, where you put 'he might be soo in love with her' it only needs one 'o' on the so otherwise it seems a little childish. I'm guessing this is just a mistake.

Throughout the book there are also a few other mistakes, mainly it being comma's needed. I suggest you just check through it one day and add them where need be. 

Character Building: 4/5

One thing I did love was the mystery around Austin, and how his character changed from a 'mean, self-obsessed, obnoxious boy' to someone who actually loved Ann. 

Writing Style: 5/5

Your writing style is brilliant. I love it. There are moments with short sentences, and then there are others with long, but you manage to keep the same rhythm all the way through, which is great.

Plot + Uniqueness: 5/5

I have never personally read a book like it, or watched a film, and I read a lot of books. The ritual idea was definitely the best bit in my opinion. I feel this is a very unique book.

OVERALL SCORE: 21/25

This story idea, first of all, is awesome. The ritual is a very cool idea, and I as I read on I didn't know if Anastasia would survive it or not, which added a little suspense to the story. I also love the story line, and how well you've thought it out. The story of the rivers and Ybris... it's just brilliant. I also love the ideas of powers that you get from the ritual. And the twist where Ann said she was pregnant really added to the excitement of things, and later on when she said she wasn't Anastasia and wasn't pregnant, that really caught my attention. Chapter nine is definitely filled with a lot of interesting stuff. I definitely did not expect her love for Dex to be fake. I really felt for him, and for Austin throughout all of it.

The storyline is amazing, and I love it. I definitely recommend this book to anyone who wants to try it out.