Chapter Twenty-Two

{moving forwards}

After a long night of hardships, morning swung around rather quickly. 

Hoseok lay peacefully on the floor of the van, sleeping bag unzipped as it was draped loosely over Daisy and himself. Daisies hand moved gently around Hoseok's middle, warm and soft and within seconds, her body was moulded to his own, sharing her body heat as easily as she shared her heart. 

Daisies long curly hair began to tickle at Hoseok's nose, causing the male to stir in his sleep. Shedding the sleep from his brain, Hoseok allowed the visions of the night to give way to the day, to move from that of which he created to something more fixated and real. In a few short minutes Hoseok's eyes fluttered open, greeting the sunlight to see the colours as bright as the images on cinema screens. 

"Good morning." Daisy chuckled, head rising from Hoseok's clothed chest to meet him. 

Hoseok smiled as he fully adjusted to the light, loosing himself in Daisies emerald green eyes, "morning." he mumbled, sitting up in place and stretching his tired arms over his head. The sun shone softly through the windows of the van, causing Hoseok's honey like skin to glow all the more golden under its rays. He promptly rose to his feet, ruffling his bed hair in-between his fingers as he walked to the front of the van, checking the time. 

Hoseok narrowed his eyes, vision still a little blurry from his sleep, "It's 7am." he yawned, turning back around to face Daisy, who was still slowly climbing out of bed... or the mattress. It didn't really count as a bed, it was simply a roll up thin mattress on the floor with a sleeping bag sprawled over the top. But Hoseok didn't mind, it was all the more comfortable with Daisy by his side. 

Daisy quickly rose to her feet, catching Hoseok off guard by slipping her small petite hands into his larger ones. She began to hum a soft tune, a popular love song Hoseok enjoyed dancing to before the virus had broken out. Hoseok found his lips creep into a smile, warm eyes focusing on Daisy through the golden sunrise. She continued to hum her tune, swaying side to side with her partner until Hoseok took her into a bear hug, kissing her forehead. Hoseok swore that Daisy was an expert on keeping his heart beating, without her he was sure it would have stopped a long time ago in this world without hope. 

A loud knock against the outside of the van caused Hoseok to unwrap his arms from around Daisy, shuffling to the door as he latched onto the metal handle, swinging it open. A faint breeze flew past him as he lay eyes on the male standing at the door. 

"Kim Taehyung?" Hoseok asked, hoping he remembered the name correctly. Now that daylight flooded through camp Beta, he could finally see the scientist up close. Golden hues danced throughout his soft brunette hair, complementing his beautifully tanned skin. He was young, but rather tall, maybe a few centimetres taller then Hoseok himself? 

Taehyung's eyes trailed up to meet Hoseok's, "Move aside." he spoke bluntly, placing a hand against Hoseok's shoulder as he lightly shoved the older male aside, stepping into the van. 

Hoseok raised a brow in question as the scientist pushed his way inside, "can I help you?" he questioned, a hint of annoyance in his voice as he noticed the startled look on Daisies face.

Taehyung swung his head towards Hoseok before pointing at the city map sprawled across the back of the van, scribbles and notes of different pathways drawn over the complex terrain, "Namjoon explained you're the famous city navigator, correct?" Hoseok simply nod before Taehyung continued, "I need your expertise. We'll need to cross the city, from one end to the other."

Hoseok's eyes widened as he tensed in place, "That's extremely dangerous." he commented, biting down on his lower lip, "I only ever go into the city for supplies, never from one side to the other." he explained, walking towards Taehyung who was now positioned in front of the map.