Chapter 24

You were sat in the living room surrounded by all the boys, feeling slightly self-conscious since you hadn't been given the time to do your hair or makeup.

Wrapped in a fuzzy blanket on the sofa next to Taehyung, you looked out at the shocked faces of Jin, Hoseok, Namjoon, Yoongi and Jungkook.

Jimin was sitting cross legged on the floor with his arms around Jungkook's shoulders, trying to shake the boy out of his state of silence.

Not one of them had said a word to you yet.

They're totally scared of me

Every single one of them

I'm just some big ugly fish monster in their eyes

In the midst of your tornado of upsetting thoughts, you parted your mouth as if you were about to speak, desperately wanting to break the silence.

"Hah... J-Jeez, you guys all look like you've seen a ghost!" You giggled awkwardly, trying to lighten the mood.

But nothing.

Still silence.

Out of no where, a voice suddenly cleared.

"Ahem... So.... uh can I ask a question?" Jin piped up, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

You nodded at him and attempted to smile for reassurance, "You guys can ask me anything you want!"

"Really?! Okay! So, uh- how do you shower?" He beamed, the nervousness quickly being replaced with excitement.

You laughed at how the boy was now looking at you with childlike-wonder in his eyes, a feeling that seemed to quickly spread around the room.

"Well basically I have to wash my legs as quick as I can and then ultimately I end up taking an involuntary bath" you replied, relaxing a little into the sofa at the change in atmosphere.

"Can you breathe underwater?" Hoseok's cheery voice came from his place beside Yoongi, who was currently more focused on his snack.

"I guess so

"I guess so... but not in the conventional way. It's kind of hard to explain"

Namjoon was up next in the flurry of questions, he raised his hand like he was in class, making a smile appear on your face.

"Yes Namjoon?"

"Do you eat fish? Or are they your friends?

"Did you get that from Finding Nemo?" You asked, tilting your head at him.

"So if you have babies... will they be fish babies? Or human babies?" Jungkook asked, face scrunched up in curiosity.

"Obviously it would be a baby head with a fish tail!" Hoseok added excitedly, nudging Jungkook's side.