Chapter 10

Taylor's POV

"What's a mate?" I ask

Laughed laughed in my head. "I've really taught you nothing, pup."

"Where have you been? What did you forget to tell me this time?"

"Haha, nothing. Mates will explain everything to you. Trust them." With that he shut off the link and left me to my own thoughts. What did he mean? He called them 'mates' as well. Stupid wolf. Explains nothing. Confuses more.

As soon as those words left my mouth the triplets paled and Corey scratched his neck.

"Ah- we've said mate a lot haven't we?" Corey asked, strained.

I nod and they all look jittery and figety.

"Ok Taylor, we are going to tell you something but you can't tell a soul."

"We do not know how you will react but we assure you, you will feel better with time."

"It's okay to faint or cry or scream but please don't run. That would break us. We don't want you to be afraid of us or you feel that we are threatening. This is going to be a shock for you but please hear us out."

They all shift in their seats and I start to worry. Are they going to kill me? What is so important I can't tell anyone?

"Okay, Taylor, Darling, so you wonder why us three call you pet names? Like I call you 'darling', Chase calls you 'love', and Corey calls you 'sunflower'? Chance asks.

I nod but I only grow more confused.

"Well, there's a reason behind our words and soon our actions. It's apart of who we are-" Before he finished I start breathing faster. Actions. They are going to hurt me. They are just making me comfortable with them so they can hurt me.

"Taylor, you're already panicking. Look at us." Chase soothed. I raise my head that I didn't even realize dropped to my chest. I stared in the three pairs of soft eyes.

My breathing slowed but I don't understand why.

"W-why do I c-calm down when I l-look at you or when you t-touch me?" I stutter.

They all smile to themselves.

"We love the effects that we have on you." Chase smiles.

That creeped me out. I scooted back until my back hit the bedpost. They did not seem happy with that decision. They all looked like I just shot them.

"I don't like that effect." Chance mutters. "He's afraid."

"We promise we aren't going to hurt you, sunflower. We are just answering a lot of your questions." Corey pleaded, desperation in his voice.

"You haven't answered m-my questions yet." I snapped impatiently.

I scold myself for using such a rude tone with 3 guys who could easily destroy me with their pinky fingers.

"I'm s-sorry for snapping."

"It's fine sunflower. Just hear us through. My brothers and I, well, we are different. Inhumanly different."

"We"

"Are"

"Werewolves."

That word processes through my mind. They are like me. They can shift like me. They are like me.

"Are you okay, darling? You look surprisingly calm..." Chance asks, suspicion in his voice.

"Well its not a s-shock to me." I shrug.

"It's not?" Corey almost yells.

"Nope." I say popping the 'p'.

"Why not? Have you met other werewolves?" Chase questions.

"Well I think I've met myself. And my mama, brother, and father."

"You're a werewolf!?!" The three exclaim in shock. They were expecting that reaction out of Taylor, not themselves.

"Yes. I have been all my life."

"But you don't smell like one. You smell rather human." Chance frowns, not liking the idea that he couldn't tell that his mate was like him.

"Well, it's probably because I haven't shifted in a while. Almost 3 years actually. All I do with my wolf is talk to him in my head."

"And he hasn't forced a shift on you yet? They usually need to be let out a couple times a week." Chase adds.

"They first few weeks were rough but he understood our situation so he stopped bothering about it. He knows that he can't shift for a while but he'll be excited when he finally does again."

"Why couldn't you shift?" Chance asked, worry drowning in his voice.

"Reasons."

"Baby, you can tell us. We'll keep you safe. We're your mates."

"You still haven't explained what mate is." I point out, growing impatient with all that was happening.

"You don't know what a mate is? But your a werewolf?" Chase asks, confused.

"Look, none of this was ever explained to me for, complicated reasons..." I trailed off towards the end. They don't need to know the horrors I've been through. They'll just pack up and leave me when they find out how broken I am.

"What reasons, darling? We can't help you if you don't tell us."

"I don't want to tell you."

"Please?"

I shake my head. "No."

They sigh. "It's your call. But please, have trust in us. Hopefully you'll understand a but more when we've explained everything."

As if.

Then they got to explaining.

From what a mate is, shifting ceremony (which I did not have), packs, ranks, and I had no clue they were freaking Alpha's! They are in charge! And apparently, I'm the Luna. But... I don't think they want me in charge. I would be a horrible leader. I'm. Not. Good. Enough.

They explained the council, rouge's, other species like vampires, sirens, banshees, and even pixies, loads of other things but they topped it off with the mating process.

"The last thing is the mating process." Corey breathed.

"What about it?" They mentioned it while they were explaining mates but they said they'll come back to it.

"Every set of mates go through this process, some at a slower pace then others."

"There's three parts. The first part is the easiest and we've already done, meeting your mate."

Yes, I've learned that I'm their mate, their one and only, stuck with them for eternity.

"The second part is marking your mate. It's when they bite the area where your neck and shoulder join and a tattoo like mark with their name on it will appear. Since there are three of us, you'll have three marks along your shoulder blade."

"The last, and most pleasurable part. Where we get to make you feel so good you won't walk for a week. Where we get to claim you as ours." Chase smirks while explaining this bit.

My cheeks redden. No way in hell is that happening anytime soon. Nu uh. No way José. I barely know the dudes. No way they are doing that to me when I don't ever know who they are.

What happened next made my nerves go through the roof.