4| Everybody Needs Somebody

NEW ORLEANS , LOUISIANA

RASHAD, FAREWOOD,

Bradley scanned her eyes around Rashad's condo. The color scheme of the apartment differed from the white and silver she had for her own. The wooden floors contrasted perfectly with the dark appliances and furniture. His home reminded her of his truck.

"Your place is nice," She complimented.

"Thank you," He said over his shoulder.

Bradley coming to his place was a bit unexpected, it just happened. He was glad that he wasn't some type of slob so his place looked picture perfect. They had just came from their fourth outing this week.

Being silly he and Bradley raced to the car. Whoever lost would have to go to the other's house. It wasn't much of a punishment, but with both of them being competitive the race was neck and neck.

As expected, Bradley got a little winded and slowed down letting Rashad take the lead, now here she was in his bachelor pad.

Rashad never took anyone to his house. If you weren't a close friend or family you couldn't come in. He was a tad bit nervous about Bradley coming over because now they had to find something to do.

It was Sunday meaning, Allure was closed. Bradley's phone continued to go off since women still felt the need to book their appointments with her.  "So we can chill in the living room or my room," He told her as he grabbed blankets from one of his closets.

"Living room is fine," She smiled.

Rashad and Bradley had been going out for the past two weeks now. Whenever the shop closed, Rashad would take her out on some type of new adventure. Today however, Bradley chose the destination which landed them both in church.

Rashad never really had a problem with going church, his family simply never went. He grew up with his father traveling with whatever basketball team he was coaching at the time. This resulted in the stability within the family unit to be rocky until his mother, Paige decided her and the four boys were set to stay in New Orleans, where they were originally from.

Throughout this time, church was the last thing on the Farewood family's mind.

Bradley however, always went to church. Even when she moved down to New Orleans at seventeen on her own, she found her a nice and inviting church and became an active goer.

It was nice to incorporate a little bit of her world into Rashad's since it seemed like that's all he's been doing.

"Cool," Rashad said as he made his way back to the living room with two different blankets, one for him and one for her.