19: Roo

I just realized I never really gave a time frame to this story. I can definitely say it's not on real world time, so expect some out of place dates and holidays lol. ᒪOᐯᗴ YOᑌ ᘜᑌYᔕ ᔕO ᗰᑌᑕᕼ, ᗩᑎᗪ ᕼᗴY!!! TO Tᕼᗴ ᑎᗴᗯ ᖇᗴᗩᗪᗴᖇᔕ! Talk to me every now and then, I don't bite.
Glad to see he's back. Really hope he's doing okay tho.
_______🌻_______

3 to 4 hours and a slight headache later, my head was tressed to the gawds with an ombré black to grey box braids. Christian had occupied himself answering missed calls and emails all the while Anessa worked her magic. He said he might have to look into getting a new phone or see if his computer had picked up a virus when he got back to Korea since he had missed so many of both.

Mrs. Shona gave him a parting hug since he'd be heading back the end of the week and most likely wouldn't see us before we headed out. I will admit, I felt kind of bad, that maybe if he wasn't here with me, he wouldn't have missed out on work....

"Dayum he was fine. I don't know how goodie two shoes Ni'Kya pulled that cuz he look like the type who need that go—"

"Ahem." Mrs. Shonda clears her throat and Cheyanne found the whole shop eyeing her down, making her skin crawl.

"What?"

"You know damn well what. Now I knew you was fass and deSPITE my better judgement, hired you as a favor to ya momma, but you really out here—"

Cheyanne popped her gum, interrupting Mrs. Shonda, "You done? Because you hired me since I'm a bomb ass stylist."

"But the baggage you'd come with—be glad ya motha and I went to high school together."

"Yeah, Okay."

"I'm serious, Chey. You ain't but 22. Stop tryna grow up so fast."

"22 IS ALREADY GROWN."

Mrs. Shonda's eyes fluttered in irritation as she poked her tongue at her cheek, "Well stay your GROWN ASS away from that happy couple. They don't need you slithering in."

"Tsk, OH-Kay." Cheyanne silenced herself as her next customer came in, "Com'mon." She beaconed them with her fingers, poppin her gum, side eyeing everyone she made irises connected with.

Mᴇᴀɴᴡʜɪʟᴇ...

"Cheyanne..." Adam had been watching and listening occasionally through Christian's phone in between his calls and emails, trying to gather any kind of dirt on him that he could, "She could prove useful." He rubbed his chin, making a mental note, "hmph.. very useful."

___🌻___

Dishes clanked as I went into the panty to grab two plates for us for dinner. We had decided to eat in on our last night together before he had to head back, keep things a bit more...intimate. As we laughed and joked around, he still seemed kind of quiet, he always does when one of us had to go back, never knowing how to process his emotions.

We had marinated some steaks earlier that day and now, danced around in the kitchen as we cooked—solum, yet enjoyable as we played old 90s songs and some stuff from the early 2000s—to which I joked, claiming he lied about being korean and called him light skinned due to his selection being the EXACT same as what I grew up on.

"Hey, babe..." I said, munching on a piece of asparagus. He looked up from his plate, signaling that I had his attention, "Umm... c—can I ask you..to...do something for me?"

"What is it?" He looked at me curiously, still munching.

"Well..." my heart started racing as I tried to get the words unhinged, "My....parents..." he almost choked on his food, coughing to try and clear his throat, "Shit, are you okay?"